|Alzheimer's Resources - Alzheimer's Association Colorado Chapters||Provides support, education, and resources to persons with Alzheimer's or Dementia, their caregivers, and family members, including:
- A lending library covering a wide variety of Alzheimer's topics
- Memories in the Making (MIM), an art program for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia that brings comfort and joy through the process of creating watercolors
- Educational series for those who are new to Alzheimer's disease, or in the middle to late stages of the disease
- Family options counseling
- Community referrals to physicians, diagnostic services, day care centers, residential care, hospices, elder law attorneys, and area agencies on aging
- A quarterly newsletter
- Support groups for persons with Dementia/Alzheimer's, their families, and caregivers||Weld County||Northeast Colorado/Greeley / Alzheimer's Association Colorado Chapters||Alzheimer's Association Colorado Chapters|
|Autism Information and Support - Autism Society of Colorado||Offers a variety of events, activities and information services which include:
- Autism Navigation Center for information, referrals, advocacy and support, support and social groups from birth to adulthood
- Sensory-friendly events with our community partners
- Autism 101 and other presentation to help understanding of the autism community for community groups, school districts, organizations and employers
- Annual Autism Walk
||Denver County||Autism Society of Colorado||Autism Society of Colorado |
|Cancer Resources (Weld) - American Cancer Society||Offers wigs, breast prosthesis, scarves, turbans, and hats to cancer patients undergoing treatment.
Also provides brochures, models, posters, videos, and lending library items for checkout to health professionals, health fairs, teachers, and student organizations.||Weld County||American Cancer Society||American Cancer Society|
|Cranial Nerve Information and Assistance - Acoustic Neuroma Association||Provides information and support to patients who have been diagnosed with or experienced an acoustic neuroma or other benign problem affecting the cranial nerves.||Out of State||Acoustic Neuroma Association||Acoustic Neuroma Association|
|Education Trainings - Arc of Arapahoe/Douglas County||Provides occasional education training throughout the year to meet specific needs or address common areas of interest related to intellectual and developmental disabilities.||Arapahoe County||Arc of Arapahoe/Douglas County||Arc of Arapahoe/Douglas County|
|Epilepsy Resources - Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado||Provides information and referrals, support groups, community-based education, and a summer camp specifically for children living with epilepsy.||Pueblo County||Epilepsy Foundation||Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado|
|Garbage Garage - Larimer County Solid Waste||Offers free, fun activities for visitors of all ages to learn about waste issues and the environment. Activities can be set up as:
- Field trips
- Birthday parties
- Workshops/Special Events
- Drop-in visits
The special events or workshops are occasionally offered for holidays and days when school is not in session.
||Larimer County||Larimer County Solid Waste||Larimer County Solid Waste|
|Information and Publications - American Brain Tumor Association||Provides information to adults, for children, and about treatments; pen-pal programs; other resources and bibliographies; support information; medical library listings of bereavement support groups.||Out of State||American Brain Tumor Association||American Brain Tumor Association|
|Information and Support - Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)||Provides education and support for children and adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including:
- National helpline with ADHD specialists
- Online forum
- Denver area support group (See Helpful Tips)
- Electronic and print information about ADHD
- Online Resource Directory of local providers in Colorado offering counseling, coaching, therapy, educational support, and other services
- Training for Professionals
- Community Support||Out of State||Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)||Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)|
|Kidney Disease Education - American Kidney Fund||Comprehensive educational programs and materials are offered, including newsletters, fully accredited professional education seminars, brochures on kidney disease prevention and treatment, and organ donor cards along with brochures on organ donation.||Out of State||Education Programs - American Kidney Fund||American Kidney Fund|
|Syringe Access, Outreach and Education - Colorado Health Network||Access Point provides needle exchange, outreach, and HIV prevention education to persons living in the metro Denver area, including youth, women, people of color, and gay and bisexual men and women. Also provides HIV, Hepatitis C and STI (Chlamydia and Gonorrhea) testing.||Denver County||Colorado Health Network||Colorado Health Network|
|Valley Life for All||Provides access to resources and opportunities for people with disabilities and their families.
Services include but are not limited to:
-Community Participation Program - Respond to requests for info and advocacy for people with disabilities and their families.
-Leadership Program - Support two adult self-advocates each year to participate in the Roaring Fork Center for Community Leadership course.
Info on upcoming educational events & archive of taped sessions at www.valleylifeforall.org.
Provides information about:
Informative Panel Discussions
||Garfield County||520 3rd Street||Valley Life for All|