|Adult, Child, and Family Counseling - Crisis Center||Provides individual and group counseling for domestic violence victims. Special programs offered for children who have experienced violence either directly or indirectly. Provided at locations in Douglas and Elbert County.||Douglas County||Crisis Center||Crisis Center|
|Children, Adult, and Family Counseling - Kidstuff Child and Family Counseling||Offers a variety of counseling services based on family needs at multiple locations, including:
- Trauma from abuse, neglect, disaster, accident, etc.
- Abuse (verbal, physical, sexual, emotional)
- Substance abuse for children, teens, and adults
- Adoption and foster parenting
- Prenatal and postpartum depression
- Couples counseling
- Divorce recovery for adults and children
- Remarrying families
- Grandparents raising children
- Positive parenting
- AD/HD for children and adults
- Behavioral modification
- Anger management
- Bipolar and other mood disorders
- Family dynamics and relationships
- Life skills (problem solving, organization, budgeting, goal setting)
- Therapy (play, art, music, trauma-informed yoga, mindfulness, cognitive-behavioral (CBT), dialectical- behavioral (DBT), eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR))||Larimer County||Kidstuff Child and Family Counseling||Kidstuff Child and Family Counseling|
|Children's Counseling Program - YWCA of Pueblo||Offers counseling to children of domestic violence, whether staying in the shelter or not. Counseling is also available for non-offender parents in parent and child education groups.||Pueblo County||Children's Counseling Program||YWCA of Pueblo|
|Community Services - Sisters of Color United for Education||Offers a variety of services to the community, including:
- Assistance with Crime Victim's Compensation
- Mental health counseling with bilingual Spanish/English therapists for victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, and family traumas
- Free case management, substance abuse therapy, and mental health services for people living with HIV
- Free HIV testing||Denver County||Sisters of Color United for Education||Sisters of Color United for Education|
|Counseling - Alpine Springs Counseling Center||Alpine Springs Counseling offers court ordered counseling for domestic violence offenders, DUI Level 1 & 2, Alcohol Education classes, sex offender treatment, minor in possession classes, urine testing/collection and anger management.
Must call and complete an intake before attending any sessions or classes.
- Courage to Change: This course addresses the needs of participants working to successfully reintegrate into their communities.
- Anger Management: a full day utilizing cognitive behavioral approach to managing behaviors & thoughts.
- Domestic Violence: Men's & Women's classes to explore from a Power & Control point of view, and focused on integrating and understanding the Core Competencies.
- DUI Level 1 Education: A 3 day, 12 hour skill-building program (Driving with Care) which gives clients tools to prevent relapse and recidivism.
- DUI Level 2 Education: A 12 week skill building program (Driving with Care)which gives clients tool to prevent relapse and recidivism.
- DUI Level 2 Therapy: This course focuses on the cognitive behavioral change process and reducing future risk of relapse and recidivism.
- SSIC Probation: Strategies for Self-Improvement and Change is an evidence based, cognitive behavioral change program used to increase client skills and reduce AOD use and CC behavior.
- Seeking Safety: It directly addresses both trauma and addiction, but without requiring clients to delve into the trauma narrative (the detailed account of disturbing trauma memories).
- Sex Offender Treatment: SOMB approved sex offender treatment.
- Pathways (minors): A comprehensive and developmentally appropriate treatment program providing the specific tools necessary for improving evaluation and treatment of at-risk-youth.||Garfield County||319 14th Street, Glenwood Springs - Alpine Springs Counseling Center||Alpine Springs Counseling, P.C.|
|Counseling and Therapy for Individual, Couples, Families - Connections Counseling||Provides evidence-based therapeutic practices for families, couples and individuals to treat the effects of trauma. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Play therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Parent-child interaction therapy
- Post adoption therapy
- Regulatory therapy
- Parenting support
- Grief and loss support
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Stress and anger management
- Domestic violence treatment for survivors (child & adult)||Jefferson County||Connections Counseling||Connections Counseling|
|Counseling - Empowerment Therapy Center||Provides group therapy, individual therapy, play therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, parenting classes, life skills parenting, seminars, evaluations and more. This programs specializes in trauma recovery, grief and loss, domestic violence, substance abuse, child abuse and neglect. They are able to treat toddlers, children, teenagers, adults, couples, and families.||El Paso County||Empowerment Therapy Center||Empowerment Therapy Center|
|Counseling & Psychotherapy - Perklen Center for Psychotherapy||Provides a comprehensive, private practice mental health agency offering a wide variety of specialized and general mental health services.
Mental health treatment for:
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Thinking Disorders
- Sex Addiction
- Substance Abuse
Treatment Approach/Treatment Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Family / Marital
- Forensic Psychology
- Motivational Interviewing
- Psychological Testing and Evaluation
- Trauma Focused
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Group Therapy||Weld County||Perklen Center for Psychotherapy||Perklen Center for Psychotherapy|
|Counseling Services - New Direction Counseling Center||Offers individual, couples, family and group therapy for:
- Victims of domestic violence
- Child and adolescent victims of sexual abuse
- Adult survivors of sexual abuse
- Individuals in need of grief counseling
- Individuals experiencing anxiety or depression
- Step-parenting or blended family counseling||Adams County||New Direction Counseling Center||New Direction Counseling Center|
|Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Support Services - Renew Inc.||Provides support services to survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault
- Crisis intervention
- Domestic violence counseling
- Therapy groups/support groups
- Legal advocacy including information regarding restraining orders, court appearances and court documents
- Referral to community resources
- Domestic violence awareness education||Montezuma County||Cortez - Renew Inc||Renew Inc|
|Domestic Violence Counseling and Advocacy - SafeHouse Denver||Offers non-residential advocacy-based domestic violence counseling support to adults, and youth who are victims of domestic abuse and to LGBTQ victims of intimate partner violence.||Denver County||SafeHouse Denver||SafeHouse Denver|
|Domestic Violence Services - Advocate Safehouse Project||Advocate Safehouse Project provides a variety of domestic violence services as well as promote healthy relationships through education, advocacy and empowerment. The following services are confidential.
- 24-Hour Help Line - Offers crisis intervention, client education, emotional support, advocacy, information and referrals by telephone or person, 365 days a year.
- Safehouse Program – Provides emergency shelter for survivors in danger with crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals.
- Outreach Program – Provides crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals for survivors residing in the community.
- Latina Outreach Program - Provides crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals to Latina survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Community Awareness and Education Program – Provides opportunities to inform and educate members of the community on the development of healthy relationships to prevent domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Volunteer Advocate Program - Provides ASP and the community with support for the 24-Hour Help Line with volunteer advocates. Volunteer advocates receive 30+ hours of training.
||Garfield County||Confidential||Advocate Safehouse Project|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Counseling (Colorado Springs) - TESSA||Provides counseling services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. These services are for youth and adults.||El Paso County||Colorado Springs - TESSA||TESSA|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Counseling - Mountain Peace Shelter||Provides counseling services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. These services are for youth and adults.||Park County||Mountain Peace Shelter||Mountain Peace Shelter|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Counseling (Salida) - The Alliance||Provides counseling services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. These services are for youth and adults.||Chaffee County||Salida - The Alliance||The Alliance|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Counseling - Tu Casa||Provides counseling services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. These services are for youth and adults.||Alamosa County||Tu Casa||Tu Casa|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Services for Eastern El Paso County - Community Outreach Center||Provides a location for agencies to meet with those in eastern El Paso county, so that they can access services/resources without having to travel long distances.
TESSA provides confidential victim advocacy to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. TESSA staff come to the community outreach center every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday by appointment only.
||El Paso County||Community Outreach Center||Community Outreach Center|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Services (Montrose) - Hilltop Community Resources||Counseling, advocacy and shelter for adults and children who are victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Confidential intervention services
- Safe, secure housing for moms and children in imminent danger
- Court assistance and advocacy
- Case management to provide the necessary community services to become self-sufficient
- Confidential support groups for men, women and children
- Parenting classes for adults and children
||Montrose County||540 S 1ST ST||Hilltop Community Resources|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy Rural Program (Calhan) - TESSA||Provides confidential services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. This office is based in Calhan (serving Eastern El Paso County). Adult Counseling services are available by appointment at this location, and advocacy is available on a walk-in basis.
||El Paso County||Calhan - TESSA||TESSA|
|Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy Rural Program (Cripple Creek) - TESSA||Provides confidential services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in El Paso county and Teller county. This office is based in Cripple Creek (serving Teller County). Adult Counseling services are available by appointment at this location. Advocacy is available on a walk-in basis.||Teller County||Cripple Creek - TESSA||TESSA|
|Domestic Violence Shelter and Crisis Line - A Woman's Place||Provides free and confidential emergency shelter and advocacy services for victims and survivors of domestic violence. These services include:
- Legal advocacy
- Seeking Safety
- Youth and Family Services
- Community education
- Professional trainings
||Weld County||A Woman's Place||A Woman's Place|
|Domestic Violence Support Groups - Alternative Horizons||Alternative Horizons offers free support groups that help encourage, educate and empower victims of domestic violence and their children.
||La Plata County||701 CAMINO DEL RIO||Alternative Horizons |
|Domestic Violence Support - Help for Abused Partners||Provides a 24-hour hotline, counseling, emergency shelter, and additional services that women who have experienced domestic violence and their children may need in order to reach self-sufficiency.
Provides the following services:
24-hour crisis line
- Emergency shelter, food and other basic necessities
- Individual counseling for victims and their children
- Advocacy – providing specialized services and support to facilitate safety and self-sufficiency
- Support groups in English and Spanish
- Safety Plans
- Community Education and Outreach
- Referral to other helping agencies||Logan County||Help for Abused Partners||Help for Abused Partners|
|Domestic Violence Victim Advocacy & Counseling & Crisis Line - Centro de la Familia||Provides a variety of services to Hispanic women and their children who are victims of domestic violence, through support groups, crisis intervention, personal/legal advocacy, a 24-hour emergency crisis line, and individual counseling. These services are free of charge.||El Paso County||Centro de la Familia||Centro de la Familia |
|English Outreach Program - Crossroads Safehouse||Provides individual advocacy for adult victims of domestic violence and facilitates a weekly support group.||Larimer County||Crossroads Safehouse||Crossroads Safehouse|
|Individual and Family Domestic Violence Counseling - Alternative Horizons||Provides individual counseling for adult survivors, for youth who have been victimized by abusive dating relationships and for teens and children who have lived with domestic abuse in their homes.||La Plata County||701 CAMINO DEL RIO||Alternative Horizons |
|Mental Health Services - Family Counseling Center||Family Counseling Center provides non-religious based counseling services.
Services offered include but are not limited to:
- Counseling for drug, alcohol and nicotine addictions
- Conflict Management
- Counseling for individuals, families and couples, including same-sex relationship
- Walk and talk therapy
- DUI therapy and education (approved for Court-ordered)
- Domestic Violence education (approved for Court-ordered)
- Anger management
- Mental health evaluations
Sliding Scale Fee is available for individuals and families without insurance. Does not accept Medicaid.||Mesa County||726 COLORADO AVE||Family Counseling Center|
|Nonresident Counseling - Gateway Domestic Violence Services||Offers the following counseling services to survivors of domestic violence:
- Individual counseling
- Short-term counseling
- Long-term counseling
- Same sex individual/group counseling
- Teen support individual/group therapy||Arapahoe County||Gateway Domestic Violence Services||Gateway Domestic Violence Services|
|Outpatient Substance and Domestic Violence Treatment - Awareness Institute||Offers programs for Level I and Level II DUI and DWAI Treatment and domestic violence counseling. Programs are available for both men and women as well as Spanish-speaking individuals and families.||Pueblo County||Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment and Domestic Violence||Awareness Institute, Inc. (Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment and Domestic Violence Perpetrator Treatment)|
|Outpatient Treatment - Community Alcohol, Drug, Rehabilitation & Education Center (CADREC)||Provides a variety of outpatient services, including but not limited to:
- DUI/DWAI therapy
- Drug/alcohol education
- Relapse prevention for adults
- Sobriety monitoring for adults with substance abuse issues (urine analysis, breathalyzer, prescribed Antabuse monitoring)
- Anger management counseling
- Adolescent relapse prevention
- Adolescent Sobriety monitoring
- Women's trauma counseling||Denver County||Community Alcohol, Drug, Rehabilitation & Education Center (CADREC)||Community Alcohol, Drug, Rehabilitation & Education Center (CADREC)|
|Outreach Counseling Program (Boulder) - Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN)||Offers individual and group counseling to adult, teen, and child victims of domestic abuse. Drop-in groups and population-specific groups (i.e., Latina, LBGTQ, other survivors) are available throughout Boulder and Broomfield counties.||Boulder County||Boulder - Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN)||Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN)|
|Outreach Counseling Program (Lafayette) - Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN)||Offers individual and group counseling to adults, teens, and children. Drop-in groups and population-specific groups (i.e., Latina, LBGTQ, older survivors) are available throughout Boulder and Broomfield counties.||Boulder County||Lafayette (Tri-City) - Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN)||Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN)|
|Outreach Program/Westcliffe||Providing individual advocacy for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. Meetings are once a week, on Fridays from 10am-1pm at the Hanssen Haus in Westcliffe. This program serves Fremont and Custer county.
If you have been assaulted, please know that whatever you did to survive the assault was the right action. No matter what the circumstances, no one deserves to be victimized. It was NOT your fault.||Custer County||Outreach Program/Westcliffe||Family Crisis Services, Inc.|
|Spanish Outreach Program - Crossroads Safehouse||Provides individual advocacy for Spanish-speaking adult victims of domestic violence, facilitates a weekly support group at La Familia, and provides advocacy services at the Workforce Center and the Northside Aztlan Center by appointment.||Larimer County||Crossroads Safehouse||Crossroads Safehouse|
|Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Treatment - Creative Treatment Options||Operates as an outpatient drug/alcohol abuse treatment program with offices located throughout the Metro Denver area. Provides education and training to identify and cope with both interpersonal processes that lead to criminal conduct and substance abuse.
Treatment providing in the following areas:
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Court Ordered Treatment
- DWAI and DUI
- Domestic Violence
- Anger Management
- Peer Recovery Coaching
- Support Groups||Jefferson County||Creative Treatment Options||Creative Treatment Options|
|Supportive Services for Victims of Domestic Violence - Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley||Offers emergency safe shelter for men, women, persons from the LGBTQ communities, and their children (ages 0-17), who are in imminent danger. Individuals may reside at the shelter for six weeks, with stays extended on a case-by-case basis. Also provides the following supportive services:
- Food, clothing, and other basic needs
- Domestic violence education
- Information about legal rights
- Referrals to community resources
- Individual and group counseling
- Case management
- Safety planning
- A 24 hour/7 days a week Crisis Line
- Support groups for survivors of domestic violence
- Financial Guidance
- Legal Advocacy, which provides assistance with temporary and permanent restraining orders and support at court proceedings
- Child and Youth services||Boulder County||Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley||Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley|
|Support Services - Advocates of Routt County||Provides the following services to victims and their family members who experienced domestic violence and sexual assault:
- Crisis intervention
- Individual and group counseling
- Advocacy services
- Community education and Latino outreach
- Supervised visitation and safe exchange
- Workplace violence consulting and training||Routt County||Advocates of Routt County||Advocates of Routt County|
|Support Services for Victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault - Open Heart Advocates||Provides confidential crisis intervention and emotional support to all victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, teen dating violence, human trafficking and other victims of crime and trauma.
Support services provided include the following:
- 24 hours/7 days a week crisis hotline and counseling
- Information and referrals
- Protective Order assistance and safety planning
- Personal advocacy and support
- Judicial advocacy
- Follow-up counseling
- Community education and prevention services
- Teen violence prevention program||Moffat County||Open Heart Advocates||Open Heart Advocates|
|Therapy for Victims of Domestic Violence - Healing from the Heart||Provides counseling to victims who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence.||Denver County||Healing from the Heart||Healing from the Heart |
|Therapy Services - One Step At A Time Counseling Service||Provides licensed counseling services to adults, children, couples, and families using individual or group therapy.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Anxiety/Panic attacks
- Cultivating Self Esteem
- Families Disrupted (Divorce/Separation)
- Sexual/Physical Abuse
- Domestic Abuse
- Establishing Boundaries
||Weld County||One Step At A Time Counseling Service||One Step At A Time Counseling Service|
|Wraparound Services for Victims of Domestic Violence - Servicios de la Raza||The VISTAS (Victims in Safe Transition and Self-Sufficiency) program offers services to victims of domestic violence and their families throughout the state of Colorado, including the following:
- Case management
- Victim and legal advocacy
- Crisis intervention
- 24-hour crisis line
- Assistance with victims’ compensation
- Support groups
- Referrals and assistance in accessing free or low-cost legal representation for family and immigration cases||Denver County||Servicios de la Raza||Servicios de la Raza|