|Adaptive Ski Program - Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center||Offers one-on-one instruction at Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, and Keystone resorts using the latest in adaptive skiing technique and equipment. Participants learn to ski individually or with family and friends. Programs are directed toward all abilities and people with special needs, and customizable to meet each participant's needs.||Summit County||Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center||Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center|
|Denver Parks and Recreation||Provides indoor and outdoor recreational activities; see the website for detailed information pertaining activities for City and County of Denver residents.
||Denver County||Denver Department of Parks and Recreation||Denver Department of Parks and Recreation|
|Denver Special Olympics (Englewood) - Special Olympics Colorado||Provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Currently, twenty summer and winter sports are offered. Prior to any competition, all athletes are required to engage in a training program. Competitions are offered locally, at State Games, and at World Games. Over 80 events are available to athletes statewide.||Arapahoe County||Special Olympics Colorado (Englewood) - Special Olympics Colorado||Special Olympics Colorado|
|Estes Valley Recreation - Estes Valley Recreation and Park District||Administers the following park and recreation facilities:
- Golf courses
- Lake Estes Marina
- Lake Estes hiking and biking trail
- Stanley Park
- Estes Valley Youth Center
- Estes Park Aquatic Center
- Recreational programs for youth and adults
- Public campgrounds
- Community recreation center
||Larimer County||Estes Valley Recreation and Park District||Estes Valley Recreation and Park District|
|Grand Junction Parks and Recreation||The Parks and Recreation Department provides a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities in attractive, clean and safe surroundings as well as enhancing and preserving the region's natural resources.||Mesa County||Grand Junction Parks and Recreation||Grand Junction Parks and Recreation|
|Greater Denver Special Olympics (Englewood) - Special Olympics Colorado||Provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Currently, twenty summer and winter sports are offered. Prior to any competition, all athletes are required to engage in a training program. Competitions are offered locally, at State Games, and at World Games. Over 80 events are available to athletes statewide.||Denver County||Special Olympics Colorado (Englewood) - Special Olympics Colorado||Special Olympics Colorado|
|Hayden Parks and Recreation Department - Hayden Town Government||The Hayden Parks and Recreation Department provides parks and recreational opportunities for all ages.||Routt County||Hayden Town Government||Hayden Town Government|
|Inspiring Connections Outdoors - Sierra Club Rocky Mountain Chapter||Provides wilderness outings and activities for disadvantaged or at-risk urban youth as a way to build interpersonal and teamwork skills, self-esteem, and self-reliance outside of an urban setting. Encourages youth to take an active role in protecting the environment.||Denver County||Sierra Club Rocky Mountain Chapter||Sierra Club Rocky Mountain Chapter|
|Outdoor Recreational Activities - Ascendigo||Ascendigo provides experiential, community-based outdoor learning opportunities for youth and adults across the autism spectrum.
Outdoor activities include but are not limited to:
- Water Sports
- Skiing and Snowboarding Lessons and Camps
Residential and day programs are available
Activities are seasonal and only offered during specific months out of the year. Call or go online for more detailed information on availability of activities and camps.||Garfield County||Ascendigo||Ascendigo|
|Parks and Community Services (Howelsen Pkwy) - City of Steamboat Springs||Provides recreational facilities, programs, and open space for residents and visitors of Steamboat Springs. An Olympic-sized ice arena and recreation programs for teens are also available.||Routt County||Howelsen Pkwy - City of Steamboat Springs||City of Steamboat Springs|
|Parks and Recreation - City of Craig||Provides parks, recreation facilities, and activities that promote good health and well-being for all residents and visitors in the City of Craig, including:
- Adult and Youth Sports
- Senior Activities
- Swimming Lessons
- Community Education (including CPR training, horticulture classes, etc.)
- Fitness Classes
- Pool Complex||Moffat County||City of Craig||City of Craig|
|Parks and Recreation - City of Pueblo||Provides indoor and outdoor recreational activities and facilities to the citizens of Pueblo.||Pueblo County||Parks & Recreation||City of Pueblo|
|Physical Fitness (Glendale Sports Center) - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||Offers a variety of physical fitness opportunities, including:
- Basketball Court
- Conditioning Training
- Elliptical Trainers
- Exercise Studios
- Fitness Center
- Group Fitness Classes
- Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Senior Activities
- Silver Sneakers® Location
- Youth Center
- Youth Rugby
- Zumba||Denver County||Glendale Sports Center - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||YMCA of Metropolitan Denver|
|Recreation Activities (Senior Services) - City of Longmont||A variety of recreational and informative classes and programs are offered to Longmont area seniors, including:
- Drop-in Activities
- Day Trips and Extended Travel
- Computers and Technology
- Exercise, Fitness, and Silver Sneakers
- Health and Wellness
- Outdoor Activities such as Hiking and Snowshoeing
- Sports and Athletics
- Arts and Crafts
- Special Presentations and Information Regarding Resources
- Concerts and Cultural Activities
- History, Philosophy, and Humanities Classes
- Advanced Directives
- Dances||Boulder County||Senior Services - City of Longmont||City of Longmont|
|Recreational Activities & Alternative Therapies - Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans||Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans offers several recreational activities and alternative therapies for Veterans and their families.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Tae Kwon Do: free for veterans and their families
Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Traveling Gym: exercise with a certified trainer. Free for veterans and their families. Is open to the public for a donation to the Warrior Resource Center. Call for specific days and times.
- Music Jam Session: available free of charge for everyone in the community. Individuals can bring their own instruments to play with other musicians or to listen to musicians play. Fridays beginning at 6:30 pm
- Mission: No Barriers: available to disabled Veterans only. Participate in a variety of recreational activities such as hiking, golfing, rafting, photography, horseback riding, kayaking and more. Call for more information on specific schedule.
All recreational events except for the Mission: No Barriers program are held at the Warrior Resource Center.||Montrose County||Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans||Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans|
|Recreational Activities - Aspen Camp||Aspen Camp offers year-round activities for all ages who are Deaf or hard of hearing.
Pricing and schedules can vary. Call or go online for details. Shuttle transportation is available.
- Winter Camp (ages 10-17, 5 days): basic or advanced ski and snowboard skills
- Summer Camp Session 3 (ages 8-12, 10 days): hiking, rafting, backpacking, high ropes course and more
- Summer Camp Session 2 (ages 10-15, 14 days): hiking, rafting, backpacking, high ropes course, can add additional backpacking week and entrepreneurship week
- Summer Camp Session 1 (ages 13-17, 14 days): hiking, rafting, backpacking, high ropes course, can add additional backpacking week and entrepreneurship week
- Entrepreneurship Camp (ages 10-17, 7 days): find the inner entrepreneur and work with teams to develop entrepreneurial skills and develop the latest social enterprise
- Family Camp: families with Deaf children are welcome to come to camp together for an inspiring weekend where kids will get plenty of fun and stimulation from Deaf role models while parents get to discuss and learn from each other.
- Womxn's Retreat (21 and older, female only, 5 days): snowshoe hiking, trips to the spa and hot springs, socializing in downtown Aspen.
- Xtreme Retreat (21 and older, 5 days): advanced skiing and snowboarding on four mountains and two ski resorts. Lift passes included. Also experience the Winter X-Games up close and personal.
Aspen Camp also offers ASL classes locally for people of all ages.||Pitkin County||4862 Snowmass Creek Rd, Snowmass - Aspen Camp||Aspen Camp |
|Recreation Complex - Old Town Hot Springs||Provides recreation and education in aquatics and fitness for members, guests, and the community. Facilities offer the following:
- Eight natural mineral water hot pools
- Water park and pool
- Swimming lessons
- Fitness center with yoga and exercise classes
Child care is available for all clients. Scholarships are also available.||Routt County||Old Town Hot Springs||Old Town Hot Springs|
|Recreation, Sports, Biking - City of Colorado Springs||Provides many recreational activities and programs for the Colorado Springs area, including biking, pools, lakes, spray parks, Sertich Ice Center, adult and youth sports, and a therapeutic Recreation Program (TRP).
||El Paso County||Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Services - City of Colorado Springs||City of Colorado Springs|
|Sailing Classes - Community Sailing of Colorado||Offers sailing instruction to youth and adults at the Cherry Creek and Boulder reservoirs as well as adaptive sailing classes for individuals with disabilities, including free sailing clinics throughout the season; programs run from April - October.
||Denver County||Community Sailing of Colorado||Community Sailing of Colorado|
|Senior Activities (Senior Center) - Montrose Pavilion||The Montrose Pavilion Senior Center offers a variety of activities for seniors in the community.
The Senior Center offers a variety of activities for education and enjoyments, including, but not limited to:
- Taking trips
- Watching movies
- Researching the internet
- Singing and dancing
- Spending time with friends and loved ones
Call or go online to see the what activities and special events are offered each month.
The Senior Center also offers the Golden Circle program for seniors to help keep the Senior Center running smoothly. Participants in the program help by answer questions regarding senior citizen concerns and relating senior citizen issues and concerns to Pavilion staff.
The Golden Circle meets the first Monday of every month at 12:45 PM. Meetings are open and welcome to the public.
||Montrose County||1800 Pavilion Drive - Montrose Pavilion||The Senior Center at the Montrose Pavilion|
|Senior Center - Durango Senior Center||The Durango Senior Center is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all adults age 60 years and older and helping them age with dignity and purpose.
Activities and services include:
HOME CHORE SERVICES which include:
- Installation of grab bars and handrails
- Correction of trip hazards
- Minor step and porch repair
- Small home repairs
- Heavy house cleaning
- Spring and Fall yard clean-up
- Limited snow removal assistance
- Firewood for low income families
***Services are limited. Not able to address roof repairs, structural problems and major furnace, plumbing or electrical problems.
TRANSPORTATION SERVICES provides door-to-door assisted transportation for:
- Medical appointments
- Senior Center lunch and activities
- Exercise classes
- Other shopping needs
***Medicaid clients may use our services for medical transportation with an approval from Medicaid.
MEAL PROGRAMS which include:
- Meals on Wheels-home delivered meals to seniors age 60+ and their spouses Monday-Friday
- Dining at the Durango Senior Center-reservations must be made by 9:30 am for that day. Lunch served at 12:00 pm
SUPPORT GROUPS every month:
- Family Caregiver support group - for people who serve as caregivers for family members or loved ones. Meet twice per month.
- Vision Impaired (VIP) support group - for people who are blind or who are visually impaired. Meets monthly.
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV) support group - facilitated by the Veteran's Service Officer. Meets monthly.
- Widow/Widower's support group - Meets twice per month.
- TOPS (Take off the Pounds Sensibly) - Members support each other with their effort to lose weight and keep it off. Meets weekly.
***For details on different meeting times, see the monthly newsletter for the schedule or call for details.
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITES include:
- Learn to use computers
- Practice Tai Chi, Zumba, Yoga, Line Dancing and more
- "Watch Your Step" class for fall prevention and to improve overall fitness
- Play cards, BINGO and other games
- Play billiards and table tennis
- Study history, music, language and healthy living
- Join the quilting group, craft group or writing group
- Participate in dog training classes in the summertime
***See newsletter on the website for more events and activities guide.
||La Plata County||2424 Main Avenue, Durango - Durango Senior Center||Durango Senior Center|
|Senior Citizens Center - Tri-County Senior Citizens and Housing||The Senior Citizens Center offers a variety of information for seniors in Rio Grande County, Saguache County, and Mineral County.
Day and Overnight Trips
Arts and Crafts Classes
Strong Bones Exercise Class
Monthly Birthday Party
Senior Fun Day
Blood Pressure Monitoring
Foot and Nail Care
Department of Social Services is here monthly||Rio Grande||Tri-County Senior Citizens and Housing||Tri-County Senior Citizens and Housing|
|Senior Nutrition and Activities - Gilpin County Department of Human Services||Provides hot and nutritious lunches for seniors and their spouses on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the Community Center, along with educational and recreational activities. Interested participants can call to sign up to be put on the monthly mailing list calendar of events.||Gilpin County||Gilpin County Department of Human Services||Gilpin County Department of Human Services|
|Senior Services (Community and Senior Center) - Summit County Department of Health and Human Services||Offers a wide range of activities, programs, and services for seniors in the community, including:
- Monday night dinners
- Tuesday and Thursday lunches
- Computer Classes
- Indoor/outdoor activities and monthly trips
- Legal assistance
- Resources for senior care and caregiver respite support
- Colorado Life Trak
- Home health and in-home assistance
- Meal delivery
- General and medical transportation
- Wellness testing
- Timberline adult day services||Summit County||Community and Senior Center - Summit County Department of Health and Human Services||Summit County Department of Health and Human Services|
|Special Olympics (Colorado Springs) - Special Olympics Colorado||The Special Olympics provides a variety of competitions at the local, area, state, and international level for athletes with disabilities. Contact your regional office to register for events or go online.||El Paso County||Colorado Springs - Special Olympics Colorado||Special Olympics Colorado|
|Sports for the Blind - U. S. Association of Blind Athletes||Provide people who are blind and visually impaired with athletic opportunities, including sports camps, clinics, and regional and national competitions.||El Paso County||U. S. Association of Blind Athletes||U. S. Association of Blind Athletes|
|Summer Program - Adaptive Sports Association||Summer recreational opportunities and adaptive action sports for individuals with physical and cognitive disabilities and their families or guardians.
Summer activities include:
- Rafting: $30 per person. Half day and customized trips available
- Flatwater Canoeing and Kayaking: $30 per person
- Cycling: $15 per person
- Overnight Camping: Prices vary
Visit online for activity schedule for the Summer season. Discounted lodging available for those coming out of town.||La Plata County||Adaptive Sports Association||Adaptive Sports Association |
|Summer Program - Arc of Arapahoe/Douglas County||The Get Active program offers healthy eating habits and physical activities such as circuit training, adaptive bike riding, and yoga for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Program typically meets once a week, May - August.||Arapahoe County||Arc of Arapahoe/Douglas County||Arc of Arapahoe/Douglas County|
|Team Sports (Adams County Program Office) - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||Youth sports leagues offered include the following:
- Flag football||Adams County||Adams County Program Office - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||YMCA of Metropolitan Denver|
|Y Facilities (Littleton Family YMCA) - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||Offers two indoor pools, swim lessons, various physical fitness programs such as exercise equipment and classes, and a wellness program to enhance physical, mental, and emotional health. Services for senior citizens are also available.||Arapahoe County||Littleton Family YMCA - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||YMCA of Metropolitan Denver|
|Y Facilities (Schlessman Family YMCA) - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||Offers a pool with swim lessons and lifeguard courses, as well as exercise equipment and classes. Services for seniors, team sports, and youth sports are also available.||Denver County||Schlessman Family YMCA - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||YMCA of Metropolitan Denver|
|Y Facilities (Southwest Family YMCA) - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||Offers a pool and swim lessons, exercise equipment and classes, lifeguard courses, services for seniors, arthritic exercises in the water, team sports, and youth sports.||Denver County||Southwest Family YMCA - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||YMCA of Metropolitan Denver|
|Y Facilities (Susan M Duncan Family YMCA) - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||Offers the following programs and activities:
- Two indoor pools
- Physical fitness programs, including exercise equipment and classes
- A wellness program to enhance physical, mental, and emotional health
- Youth sports
- Youth summer camp opportunities||Jefferson County||Susan M Duncan Family YMCA - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||YMCA of Metropolitan Denver|
|Youth Activities - Totally Kids||Provides the following programs to youth in the community:
- Before and after school care
- Summer day camps
- Youth sports, swimming lessons, and dance lessons||Routt County||Totally Kids||Totally Kids|
|Youth Services - Kids at Their Best||Provides enrichment opportunities and supportive services to youth.
||Morgan County||Kids At Their Best||Kids At Their Best |
|Youth Services - Teens||Provides a safe drug and alcohol-free place for teens during after-school hours to be with friends and adult mentors. Free for youth 12 through 20 years of age. Also offers supported youth employment opportunities year-round as well as outdoor leadership programs.
- Information & Referral
- Teen Center
- Recreation, Classes, Programs
- Summer Teen Employment Program||Boulder County||Teens||Teens|
|Youth Sports (Aurora Family YMCA) - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||Offers a variety of programs designed for youth, including the following:
- Flag football
- General recreation||Arapahoe County||Aurora Family YMCA - YMCA of Metropolitan Denver||YMCA of Metropolitan Denver|