|Childbirth Preparation Class (Denver Stapleton) - Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains||Offers comprehensive, affordable, non-judgmental childbirth preparation classes to the Denver metro community. Certified instructors provide current information on the full range of maternity care options to families of all ages, sizes, and sexual orientations. Classes are appropriate for families planning medicated and un-medicated hospital births. Individuals who are making an adoption plan or those who are planning to parent are welcome to attend, and all women and families are encouraged to play an active role in their care. Classes are focused on preparation for labor and delivery and are designed for women in the third trimester of their pregnancies.||Denver County||Denver Stapleton - Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains||Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains|
|Childbirth Preparation Class - Pregnancy Resource Connections Grand County||Offers a five-week childbirth preparation class administered by a registered nurse. Class covers topics related to labor and delivery and assists expectant parents in preparing for the birth of their baby.||Grand County||Pregnancy Resource Connections Grand County||Pregnancy Resource Connections Grand County|
|Family Education Program (S Lemay Ave) - UCHealth||Provides child birth preparation and breastfeeding classes to pregnant women and their support partners.
Also offers Bright by Three Infant/Toddler Developmental Packets.||Larimer County||S Lemay Ave - UCHealth||UCHealth|
|Health Care - Mesa Midwives, Women's Health Care of Western Colorado||Takes genuine pride in helping you find the strength and confidence to grow and birth a magnificent baby.
- Free pregnancy testing!
- Pregnancy, birth and postpartum care that are personalized and sensitive to spiritual and cultural dynamics during your move into parenthood.
- Water birth.
- After a vaginal birth, the midwives plan to see you at three and six weeks postpartum.
- Order necessary lab work, prescription medication and ultrasound.
- Ultrasonography, management of abnormal pap smears as well as collaboration on high-risk obstetric issues and C-section when necessary.
- Preconception counseling,
- Well-woman care
- Birth control.
All necessary lab work is ordered through St. Mary’s Pavilion Lab or Quest Diagnostics.
The board certified OB/GYN physicians of Women’s Health Care of Western Colorado participate as our consultants for high-risk pregnancies such as twin gestation and VBAC. We encourage prenatal education available throughout the community||Mesa County||2525 North 8th Street||Women's Health Care of Western Colorado|
|Home Visitation Program for First-Time Mothers - Nurse-Family Partnership - Mesa County Public Health||Nurse-Family Partnership is free for women who are pregnant with their first baby. When you enroll you will be connected to a registered nurse who will provide the support, advice and information you need to have a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and be a great mom.
- Home visits during pregnancy and after delivery until your infant turns 2 years old
- Answers to questions about pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Information about baby and early child care
- Support for family needs and links to community resources
- Educational gifts and books||Mesa County||510 29 1/2 RD||Mesa County Public Health|
|Nurse Midwife Services - Montrose Memorial Hospital||Nurse Midwife Services tailor their care to the individual needs of the patient.
- Guidance on nutrition, exercise, sleep and travel during pregnancy
- Encourage women to choose labor and birthing choices to fit their personal needs
- Minimize technological interventions during labor and birth
- Offers stress education, counseling and continuous hands-on care during labor, birth and postpartum
- Support labor options, including the freedom to move around, massage, a rocking chair, a deep tub or shower, a birthing ball, moist heat, pain medication including epidurals
- Offer prenatal care for repeat cesarean sections and assist in the operating room
- Yearly Gynecological exams
- Family Planning & Pre-conception counseling
- Perimenopause Counseling||Montrose County||900 South 4th Street, Montrose - Montrose Memorial Hospital||Montrose Memorial Hospital|
|Public Health Services - Grand County Public Health||Provides services related to public health including:
- Communicable disease
- Reporting, education, investigation, referral, and control of communicable diseases
- Tuberculosis screenings
- Drug discount cards
- Child care center health consultations and RN visits
- Information and training for in-home child care providers
- Health education
- Free blood pressure checks
- Free age appropriate books to parents for ages 6 months to 5 years
- Referrals for prenatal care and pregnancy information
- Newborn home visitation by RN
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Childbirth education information
- Injury prevention education
- Vouchers for medical, mental and dental care referrals based on income
- Referrals to resources for well child care and development concerns.
- Adult/Child immunizations, Tetanus and Diphtheria and Pertussis, Hepatitis A & Hepatitis B vaccination
- Environmental Health-Restaurant inspections||Grand County||Grand County Public Health - Grand County Public Health||Grand County Public Health |
|The Family Center - Montrose Memorial Hospital||The Family Center at Montrose memorial Hospital is an up to date child birth center for families.
- Four large birthing suites
- Jacuzzi Tub
- Alternative labor methods (aromatherapy, massage, breathing techniques, and various positions)
- Baby nursery fully equipped to care for newborns
- State of the art security monitoring system
- Childbirth and Sibling Classes
- The Follow- up Program ensuring mother and baby are doing well after discharge
For a tour of the facility call the unit director Coral Ann Hackett at 970-240-7272||Montrose County||800 S. 3rd Street, Montrose - Montrose Memorial Hospital||Montrose Memorial Hospital|