Nonimmigrant Visa Application Filing Assistance

Service Categories
Nonimmigrant Visa Application Filing Assistance has no subcategories

    The structure of the services index and definitions of the terms contained herein were orginally published in A Taxonomy of Human Services: A Conceptual Framework with Standardized Terminology and Definitions for the Field by the Information and Refferal Federation of Los Angeles County, Inc., 3035 Tyler Ave, El Monte, CA 91731; Copyright (c) 1983, 1987, 1991. No part of there listing of human service terms and definitions may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electrical, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the Information and Referral Federation of Los Angeles County, Inc.

    Taxonomy Code: FT-3600.6250

    Programs that assist in filing petitions for permits which allow foreign travelers who will be in the United States for a temporary period of time to present themselves to an immigration official at the border for admission into the country. Nonimmigrant visas are obtained at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy outside the United States, classify the visit according to purpose (e.g., tourism, business), and designate a period of time within which the individual can travel to the border of the U.S. and seek admission. Visas are often valid for multiple visits during a specified period of time. Temporary visitors must have a valid passport from their own country which is stamped at the time of entry, and may be required to maintain a foreign residence and demonstrate a means of financial support. Individuals from qualified countries, as defined in the Visa Waiver Pilot Program, may enter the country without a visa. Individuals holding a nonimmigrant visa may file an application to extend their period of stay or request a different nonimmigrant status.

    Navigation Tips [+/-]

    by distance from Zip Code:

    There is 1 matching record.
    Service NameDescriptionLocationProgramAgency
    Immigration Services for Domestic Violence Victims - San Luis Valley Immigrant Resource CenterAssists domestic violence victims/survivors in seeking legal residency under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). This program assists women and men who would otherwise be eligible to apply for legal immigration statuses through their spouses, but whose abusive partners have refused to help them. Also assists crime victims who qualify to apply for the U-visa. The purpose of the U-visa, which is a nonimmigrant visa, is to give victims of certain crimes temporary legal status and eligibility in the United States for up to 4 years.Alamosa CountySan Luis Valley Immigrant Resource CenterSan Luis Valley Immigrant Resource Center

    Outline of Categories [+/-]

    Select a main category outline to be viewed: