|Bus Transportation - Prairie Express Public Transportation||Provides a fixed route and schedule. Also provides Route-Deviation Service Monday through Friday within the Sterling area in order to accommodate demand-response trips. Residents can request the bus to pick-up or drop off at a specific location not on the advertised route, at a slightly higher cost to the rider. The bus will then return to the scheduled route.||Logan County||County Express Public Transportation||County Express Public Transportation|
|Community Transit/Bus - East Central Council of Local Governments||Outback Express provides rides to individuals of any age for specific needs. Rides must be reserved 24 hours in advance. Seniors may purchase a book of tickets at a suggested, discounted price. Rides must be used to go to one of the following:
- Medical and/or dental appointments
- Education and/or employment
- Congregate meal sites
- Grocery and/or essential shopping
- Legal appointments
- Nursing home to visit resident(s)||Kit Carson County||East Central Council of Local Governments||East Central Council of Local Governments|
|Customer Service Telephone Information Center (TIC) - Regional Transportation District||Provides information including:
- Route questions, including providing bus schedules
- Customer feedback
- Customer complaints
- Customer compliments
- Customer suggestions
Offers Discounted Fares:
- Low-Income transportation.
- Discounts offered to riders ages 6 to 19.
- 10-Ride Ticket Books, MYRide smart cards.
- Discounts for Seniors, Individuals with Disabilities and Medicare recipients.
- Active Duty members of the military, ride for free.
||Denver County||Regional Transportation District||Regional Transportation District|
|Easy Ride (Recreation, Wellness and Senior Services) - Broomfield Health and Human Services||Easy Ride, operated by the City and County of Broomfield, provides transportation for seniors and disabled residents for trips such as doctor appointments, grocery trips, department stores, personal errands, and exercise classes.||Broomfield County||Recreation, Wellness and Senior Services - Broomfield Health and Human Services||Broomfield Health and Human Services Department|
|Home Care Services - GoldLeaf HomeCare||Provides a range of home care services and specialized care for individuals of all ages, including:
- medical and non-medical home care
- live-in nursing
- short term nursing
- rehabilitative services
- in-home respite care
- child care
- special needs care
- disability and long-term illness care
- training for family caregivers
- other services||Denver County||GoldLeaf HomeCare||GoldLeaf HomeCare|
|Local Transportation - Moffat County Housing Authority||Provides transportation within a five-mile radius of Craig. In addition to scheduled trips to local stores, the bus transports seniors to individual medical appointments and other appointments.
||Moffat County||Moffat County Housing Authority||Moffat County Housing Authority|
|Para Transit Transportation Services - Grand Valley Transit||Provides para-transit transportation services for people with mental and physical disabilities who meet ADA requirements and are unable to utilize Grand Valley Transit (GVT) fixed route system.
Request for transportation must be scheduled in advance.Para transit rides must be scheduled one business day in advance. Rides needed on Monday must be requested the Friday before.||Mesa County||525 S 6TH ST||TransDev Transportation|
|Para-transit Transportation Services - Roaring Fork Transportation Authority||Para-transit provides accessible transportation for persons with an assessed inability to access any of RFTA’s fixed route transportation modes that exist in designated service areas.||Pitkin County||450 E DURRANT AVE||Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA)|
|Public Transportation Services - Steamboat Springs Transit||Provides the following transportation services:
- Fixed route transit throughout the City of Steamboat Springs
- Curb-to-curb paratransit service
- Year-round bus service provided daily around town, and between
downtown and the Ski Resort Mountain Base area
- Regional bus service available between Steamboat Springs and
Craig||Routt County||Steamboat Springs Transit||Steamboat Springs Transit|
|Senior Center - Durango Senior Center||The Durango Senior Center is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all adults age 60 years and older and helping them age with dignity and purpose.
HOME CHORE SERVICES which include:
- Installation of grab bars and handrails
- Correction of trip hazards
- Minor step and porch repair
- Small home repairs
- Heavy house cleaning
- Spring and Fall yard clean-up
- Limited snow removal assistance
- Firewood for low income families
***Services are limited. Not able to address roof repairs, structural problems and major furnace, plumbing or electrical problems.
TRANSPORTATION SERVICES provides door-to-door assisted transportation for:
- Medical appointments
- Senior Center lunch and activities
- Exercise classes
- Other shopping needs
***Medicaid clients may use our services for medical transportation with an approval from Medicaid.
MEAL PROGRAMS which include:
- Meals on Wheels-home delivered meals to seniors age 60+ and their spouses Monday-Friday
- Dining at the Durango Senior Center-reservations must be made by 9:30 am for that day. Lunch served at 12:00 pm
SUPPORT GROUPS every month:
- Family Caregiver support group - for people who serve as caregivers for family members or loved ones. Meet twice per month.
- Vision Impaired (VIP) support group - for people who are blind or who are visually impaired. Meets monthly.
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV) support group - facilitated by the Veteran's Service Officer. Meets monthly.
- Widow/Widower's support group - Meets twice per month.
- TOPS (Take off the Pounds Sensibly) - Members support each other with their effort to lose weight and keep it off. Meets weekly.
***For details on different meeting times, see the monthly newsletter for the schedule or call for details.
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITES include:
- Learn to use computers
- Practice Tai Chi, Zumba, Yoga, Line Dancing and more
- "Watch Your Step" class for fall prevention and to improve overall fitness
- Play cards, BINGO and other games
- Play billiards and table tennis
- Study history, music, language and healthy living
- Join the quilting group, craft group or writing group
- Participate in dog training classes in the summertime
***See newsletter on the website for more events and activities guide.
||La Plata County||2424 Main Avenue||Durango Senior Center|
|Senior Transportation Services - Dolores County Senior Services||Provides transportation services for seniors. Transportation can be provided for medical appointments, errands and recreational outings.
Transportation provided from Dove Creek to surrounding communities of Cahone, Egnar, Pleasant View, Cortez and Durango in Colorado and to Monticello & Moab in Utah and to Farmington, New Mexico.
Wheelchair accessible transportation is available.
Also offers Medicaid Transportation services for those who qualify.
||Dolores County||52288 HWY 491||Dolores County Senior Services|
|Transportation Assistance - Community Budget Center||The Heartfelt Destination program provides transportation for medical related appointments. Will travel statewide, however all rides must originate in Moffat County. Offers gas vouchers available for people who need financial assistance to get to their medical appointments. Also assists with local rides to pick up food (grocery store or food banks) and medical appointments in the town of Craig on a case-by-case basis.||Moffat County||Community Budget Center||Community Budget Center|
|Transportation - Regional Transportation District||Curb-to-curb transportation service, taking riders to and from destinations within a designated geographic service area. FlexRide vehicles are small buses and are wheelchair accessible. The service is also designed to connect with many RTD Park-n-Rides, other RTD bus routes, and the rail for travel throughout the metro area.||Denver County||Regional Transportation District||Regional Transportation District|
|Transportation Services - Eagle County Department of Human Services||Transportation services are available to those over the age of 60 and disabled adults.
Transportation is provided to Eagle County residents to and from meal sites, medical appointments and to run errands.
Senior Services operates van and bus service at all three sites on nutrition days. Call for more information: Eagle Valley 970-328-1121, or Roaring Fork Valley: 970-309-8465.
Minturn: Meal transportation on Wednesday and Friday; shopping on Friday
Eagle: Meal transportation, shopping, Post Office and local medical
appointments, Tuesday and shopping on Thursday.
Basalt: Meal transportation on Tuesday and Thursday; shopping and Post Office on Thursday; medical van to Glenwood Springs from Eagle on the last Monday of each month; medical van also available by appointment.
||Eagle County||551 BROADWAY||Eagle County Department of Human Services|
|Transportation Services - Mercy Medical Services||Provides transportation services to medical appointments for disabled individuals unable to use regular transportation services.
Service hours are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week but most trips are scheduled in advance.||Mesa County||586 COLANWOOD ST||Mercy Medical Services|