Adult Protective Services (Main Office) - Broomfield Health and Human Services Department
Main Office - Broomfield Health and Human Services Department
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Intervenes with, or on behalf of at-risk adults to correct or alleviate situations in which actual or imminent danger of mistreatment or self-neglect exists, and to utilize support systems to provide continuing safety from the incident(s) of mistreatment and/or self-neglect. A hotline is also available 24 hours/7 days a week to report any possible cases of mistreatment or neglect.
Call or visit the website for more information.
Residents of Broomfield County may access the hotline. To receive Adult Protective Services, an individual must be considered an "at-risk adult," which is defined as:
- One who is 18 years of age or older
- Because of a mental or physical dysfunction or advanced age, is unable to manage his or her own resources
- Unable to carry out the activities of daily living
- Cannot protect him/herself from neglect, hazardous or abusive situations without assistance from others
- Someone with no available willing and responsible person for assistance and who may be in need of services