Adult Protective Services (Main Office) - Broomfield Health and Human Services Department
Main Office - Broomfield Health and Human Services Department
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Intervenes with, or on behalf of at-risk adults to correct or alleviate situations in which actual or imminent danger of mistreatment or self-neglect exists, and to utilize support systems to provide continuing safety from the incident(s) of mistreatment and/or self-neglect. A hotline is also available 24 hours/7 days a week to report any possible cases of mistreatment or neglect.
Call or visit the website for more information.
Residents of Broomfield County may access the hotline; to receive Adult Protective Services, an individual must be considered an "at-risk adult," which is defined as:
- One who is 18 years of age or older
- Because of a mental or physical dysfunction or advanced age, is unable to manage his or her own resources
- Unable to carry out the activities of daily living
- Cannot protect him/herself from neglect, hazardous or abusive situations without assistance from others
- Someone with no available willing and responsible person for assistance and who may be in need of services