Burial Assistance - El Paso County Department of Human Services
El Paso County Department of Human Services
Data Provided By
Pikes Peak United Way - PPUW
Description of Service
Provides assistance with payment of funeral, cremation, and/or expenses for the deceased, if the deceased was receiving public and/or medical assistance benefits at the time of death and meets requirements.
El Paso County
El Paso County
Walk in to obtain burial assistance application Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., or call for more information.
Bring an invoice of services from an established provider and verification of resources (if applicable) for the responsible persons as of the date of death.
English, Spanish, Interpretation Services
Deceased individual must have been receiving public and/or medical assistance benefits at the time of death, and meet the following requirements:
- The estate of the deceased is insufficient to pay reasonable expenses
- The persons legally responsible for the support of the deceased are unable to pay because of insufficient resources
- The total cost of the funeral, cremation, and/or burial cannot exceed $2,500
- The deceased individual must meet verification requirements for the program they were receiving at the time of death
- An application for burial benefits must be provided to the county office within a year from the date of death
- An invoice for services provided must be provided in order to pay the burial expense