Providing low interest direct loans and grants to support essential public facilities and services in rural communities.
Urgent Services Provided
- Supporting business growth and development
- Facilitating sustainable renewable energy development
- Developing regional food systems
- Generating and retaining jobs through recreation and natural resource restoration, conservation, and management
- Increasing access to broadband
Applicants must have legal authority to borrow money, obtain security, repay loans, construct, operate, and maintain the proposed facilities - Applicants must be unable to finance the project from their own resources and/or through commercial credit at reasonable rates and terms - Facilities must serve rural area where they are/will be located - Project must demonstrate substantial community support - Environmental review must be completed/acceptable
Grants and loans may be combined with commercial financing to finance one project if all eligibility and feasibility requirements are met.
Public bodies, community-based non-profit corporations and federally-recognized tribes in rural areas including cities, villages, townships and towns and federally recognized tribal lands with no more than 20,000 residents according to the latest U.S. Census Data.