Provides low interest direct loans and loan guarantees to assist moderate-, low- and very low-income applicants obtain decent, safe and sanitary housing in eligible rural areas. Loans serve as payments assistance that lowers the mortgage payment for a short time.
Limited, call for specific information
Call for more information.
The maximum loan amount an applicant may qualify for will depend on the applicant's repayment ability. There is an area loan limit that will cap how much anyone in an area can borrow.
To see if a property is eligible, visit http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do.
- Be without decent, safe and sanitary housing
- Be unable to obtain a loan from other resources on terms and conditions that can reasonable be expected to meet
- Agree to occupy the property as your primary residence
- Have the legal capacity to incur a loan obligation
- Meet citizenship or eligible noncitizen requirements
- Not be suspended or debarred from participation in federal programs
- Meet income eligibility requirements
- Buy property in a rural area with a population less than 35,000