Child and Family Support (Yuma, Washington, Kit Carson) Early Childhood Council Northeastern Colorado
Early Childhood Council Northeastern Colorado
Data Provided By
United Way of Weld County
Description of Service
Provides a comprehensive, high quality, coordinated and accessible system of support for all children and families to ensure they are healthy by providing professional development opportunities for licensed early childhood professionals to increase the quality of their child care settings by offering a variety of quality tools and coaching. Such opportunities include the Expanding Quality in Infant Toddler Care (EQ) Initiative, which is a collaboration between the Colorado Department of Education and the Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care. The primary goal is to increase the quality and availability of responsive care for infants and toddlers throughout Colorado by:
- Strengthening the skills and knowledge base of Early Childhood professionals working with infants and toddlers
- Building capacity and promoting systemic change to foster increased quality and availability of care and services
- Supporting leadership and collaboration at the community level
- Facilitating professional development for infant toddler professionals, particularly those who are teaching or coaching infant toddler teachers.
Also facilitates the School Readiness Quality Improvement Project (SRQIP), which aims to increase the school readiness of children 5 years of age and younger who are cared for at early care and education facilities located in neighborhoods with eligible elementary schools.
The School Readiness Sites are currently (but are subject to change):
- Wray Elementary Preschool
- Yuma Count Head Start- Wray Center
- Wray Community Learning Center
- Julie Jones- Family Child Care
- Casie Egloff- Family Child Care
To search for child care providers online or to get more information about how to identify quality child care please visit Colorado Shines:
1. Click, "Find a Program" on upper left portion of screen
2. Click “Work or Home Address” enter either address in section
3. Click “Distance” select miles preferred
4. Click “Search
Parents are strongly encouraged to visit each child care facility under consideration, request references from other parents and carefully review the provider license and the most recent report of inspection.
Yuma, Washington, Kit Carson Counties
Limited, call for specific information
Call for more information.
Parents, caregivers, and early childhood educators