Snow Removal (East Alameda Parkway) - City of Aurora
E Alameda Pkwy - City of Aurora
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Offers snow shoveling for seniors and individuals with disabilities living in the City of Aurora. This service is provided by volunteers and coordinated by the City of Aurora.
- Are matched with a resident who lives within two miles of the volunteer.
- Shovels the public sidewalk of the resident within 24 hours of a snowfall of two inches or more.
- Assists the resident for one snow season beginning in the Fall and ending in the Spring.
City of Aurora
Call to receive an application or to inquire about volunteering for the program. Qualified individuals will be placed on a list but are not guaranteed assistance given that volunteers are limited.
Individuals interested in volunteering can call or find volunteer applications on the City of Aurora's website.
The individual must:
- Be a resident of the City of Aurora
- Be either over 60 years of age or a person with disabilities
- Have limited financial resources
- Be unable to shovel his or her sidewalk