Dropout Prevention Program - I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder County
I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder County
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Identifies groups of low-income children (in elementary school) deemed to be at high risk of eventually becoming school dropouts. Once identified, IHAD establishes a comprehensive long-term program of support for the entire group for the duration of their school years, a 10+ year commitment. Eight learning centers operate after-school and throughout the summer, providing:
- Intensive Counseling and Case Management
- Academic and Literacy Development
- Social Enrichment and Cultural Programs
- Access to Individualized Tutoring
- Participation in a Mentoring Program
- Career and College Preparation Programs
- Daily Hands-On Guidance from Full-Time Bilingual Staff
Boulder County; City of Frederick
Call or visit the website for more information on programs.
Clients are identified based on low-income status (live in low-income housing or are eligible for the free and reduced lunch program) and are selected by the agency one group at a time when funding has been secured. Individual referrals are not accepted.