Utility Bill Assistance (HEAT-HELP Line) - Energy Outreach Colorado
Energy Outreach Colorado
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Energy Outreach Colorado is a nonprofit organization that provides funding to a statewide network of community agencies that assist low-income Coloradans with all types of energy bills.
Each nonprofit agency that provides financial assistance to pay for gas and electric bills has its own intake procedures and requirements.
Call 1-866-432-8435 to request a LEAP application (November 1st - April 30th) or an EOC assistance application (year-round), check on the status of an application, or to request information about energy conservation or weatherization.
If clients are referred to an Energy Outreach partner agency, they MUST CALL the agency before going in person.
Visit the website to find EOC agencies within specific counties that have funds available.
Many participating agencies will assist clients with LEAP applications.
Basic qualifications include:
- Household income is at or below 80% Area Median Income
- Directly responsible for energy bill
- Past due on heating and/or lighting bill
- Haven’t received EOC assistance within the current program year (October 1st - September 30th)
- During LEAP season, all eligible applicants must apply for LEAP before receiving EOC assistance.
- Other restrictions may apply