Overnight Shelter for Single Women - Delores Project
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides emergency overnight shelter for single adult women and transgender individuals.
Limited, call for specific information
Individuals will need to follow the following procedure:
- Emergency guests who are present on Monday mornings can sign up for the bed lottery on a clipboard located underneath the info board before they pack out and leave.
- Emergency guests who are not already present on Monday morning should call between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. to complete a brief phone screening and enter their name in the bed lottery.
- First time emergency guests should call between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to complete a phone screening and will be given or denied a bed with us during their phone call (no lottery for first time guests).
- Between 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. staff will assign all guests a number and complete an online, computerized lottery on Google’s number picker.
- Guests can call back to see if their name was chosen between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. If a guest’s name is chosen in the lottery and they do not call back between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m., their name will be crossed off the list and that bed will be given away at 5:30 p.m. (no beds will given away over the phone between 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.!).
- Guests who do not get chosen in the lottery, who do get chosen but don’t call back to confirm before noon on Monday, or who are looking for shelter on other days should continue to call seven nights a week at 5:30 p.m.
- There will no longer be a lottery for any beds at The Gathering Place
Service animals are accepted. Owners will be asked what service the animal provides and be asked to sign a contract about the animal's behavior.
English, Spanish, American Sign Language
Single women and transgender individuals ages 18 and older; gender is determined by self-identification. Victims of domestic violence must be out of the relationship for 90 days.