245 South Cascade, Montrose - Center for Independence, Western Slope
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
CFI Low Vision Program offers support groups and training to individuals with low vision and blindness.
Low Vision Services:
- Volunteer Readers
- Daily Living & Independent Skills training
- Sighted Guide
- Vocational Skills training - computers, keyboarding, resume writing, and job preparation
- Peer Counseling, Support Groups, Recreation
- Advocacy for the Vision Impaired and Blind
- Information on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- In-Service Training & Presentations (provided to other service providers)
- Exemption Directory Assistance charger
- TAP: Telephone Assistance Program
Services at the Assistive Technology Center / Low Vision Lab (open to the public):
- Low Vision demonstration of magnifiers, writing aids, sun shields, kitchen aids, etc.
- Adaptive equipment demonstrations for talking books, descriptive movies, Bible on cassette, large print books, talking watches, clocks and calculators
Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, Ouray, and San Miguel Counties
Call to set up an appointment.
Government Issued ID
Individuals living with a disability.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Fees for equipment purchases, call for details
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm