Provides eligible seniors 65 and older with local volunteer ophthalmologists who provide a medical eye exam at no out-of-pocket cost, and up to one year of followup care for any condition diagnosed during the initial exam, for the physician services.
Out of State
Visit website and fill out the online referral questionnaire
No documents required
- EyeCare America provides medical eye care, only. The program does NOT provide eyeglass prescriptions or cover the cost of glasses. If you are concerned about the cost of these items, please discuss this with the doctor BEFORE the examination.
- If you require a re-referral to another ophthalmologist, you or the EyeCare America volunteer ophthalmologist MUST contact EyeCare America in order to continue receiving care through the program. We may be able to locate another EyeCare America volunteer to provide the care.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Age 65 or older
- Not belong to an HMO or have eye care benefits through the VA
- Not seen an ophthalmologist in three or more years