Medical Appointments Transportation (Fort Collins) - Disabled American Veterans Department of Colorado
Service Center (Larimer County) Disabled American Veterans Department of Colorado
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Assists disabled American Veterans with transportation to the Denver and Cheyenne VA hospitals. 17 pick-up stops, ranging from Loveland to Wellington. Call for information regarding specific pick-up times and locations.
- Denver van runs on Monday and Wednesday.
- Cheyenne van runs Monday through Friday (if passengers are available).
Call to make an appointment. Must be made at least 48 business hours in advance. First come, first served.
Veterans must provide:
- Phone number
- Day and time of appointment
- Last four digits of social security number
- Destination (Denver or Cheyenne)
- Pick up location
- Type of appointment (e.g., Laboratory, Orthopedic, etc. not a clinic or physician's name)
Transportation to and from residences not available, unless for a verified post-operation, radiation, or chemotherapy appointment.
No wheelchairs or oxygen tanks can be accommodated.
Veterans may bring an escort one time only. A Physician letter with named escort individual is required for future trips.
Must be in the VA system and be able to get in and out of the van by themselves.