Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND) - Denver Human Services (DHS)
Denver Human Services (DHS)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides financial assistance to people who have a disability for at least six months and are not receiving or pending approval for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Walk in to fill out an application, request an application be mailed or faxed, or complete an application online by accessing Colorado PEAK at https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/.
Offices are located at:
- Castro Building, 1200 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204
- East Office, 3815 Steele St, Denver, CO 80205
- Montbello Satellite Office, 4685 Peoria St, Denver, CO 80239
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A resident of Denver County
- Born in the United States, a naturalized citizen, or a legal alien
- Certified by a Colorado licensed doctor as being disabled for at least six months and without work capacity (if applicable)
- Between 18 and 59 years of age (if they are not receiving SSI), and under 59 years of age (if they are receiving SSI)