Aid to the Blind (AB) - Denver Human Services (DHS)
Denver Human Services (DHS)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides financial assistance to people who are not receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Walk in to fill out an application, request an application be mailed or faxed, or complete an application online (Access Colorado PEAK at https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/). After the application is completed, an interview will be scheduled to help determine eligibility.
DHS offices are located at:
- Castro Building, 1200 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204
- East Office, 3815 Steele St, Denver, CO 80205
- Montbello Satellite Office, 4685 Peoria St, Denver, CO 80239
To qualify to receive AB benefits, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Denver County
- Be born in the United States, or are a naturalized citizen or a legal alien
- Receive certification by an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist as meeting the legal definition of blindness and without work capacity (if applicable)
- Be under 59 years of age