Do it Yourself Bankruptcy Clinic - Denver Bar Association
Denver Bar Association
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Assists attendees in understanding the bankruptcy process and forms; topics include the following:
- How bankruptcy can eliminate debts
- Difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
- The effect of bankruptcy on credit ratings
- Required forms for filing
- Issues of creditor harassment
- What a collection agent can and cannot say to clients
- How to fight back if clients are harassed
The clinics will not provide explicit legal advice nor will they directly assist in completing forms.
Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Jefferson counties
Send an email or walk in for more information.
English, Spanish Interpretation Available
Must be an individual considering filing bankruptcy.