Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate - Colorado Department of Revenue
Colorado Department of Revenue
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides a full or partial refund of the property tax or rental payments paid by qualified individuals; a refund is also available for a portion of heat and fuel expenses.
Call or download an application online.
Clients must provide the following:
- Completed application
- Proof of income
- Proof of disability, if not a senior or surviving spouse
- Completed DR 4679 PTC lawful presence affidavit contained in the PTC rebate application booklet
Individuals can submit an application at any time in the year and have two years after the end of a calendar year to apply for the rebate (e.g., for 2015 rebates applicants can file a claim until December 31, 2017).
Clients must meet the following criteria:
- Reside in Colorado the entire year
- Lawfully present in the United States
- Meet income guidelines
- Be 65 years or older by Dec 31st, or a surviving spouse at least 58 years old by Dec 31, or disabled for the entire year regardless of age
- Not claimed as a dependent on any other person’s federal income tax return