LEAP (Georgetown) - Clear Creek County Department of Health and Human Services
Idaho Springs - Clear Creek County Department of Health and Human Services
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Helps qualifying low-income households cover part of their winter home heating costs from November 1st - April 30th. Once benefits are approved, LEAP can provide a financial credit directly to the heat supplier, or it can place the credit on a QUEST card to pay for a heating source such as wood, coal, propane, or for heat billed on a shared meter. Jefferson County's LEAP program is administered by Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado.
Clear Creek County
Clear Creek County
Visit the website to download an application. Mail, fax, or email a completed application and identification paperwork to Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado, which administers the LEAP program. Call Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado's LEAP (HEAT-HELP) line for more information.
Clients must provide copies of the following:
- Most recent utility bill OR rent receipt if heat is included in your rent
- Proof of all household income (pay stubs, award letters, loans, etc.)
- Valid Photo ID
Valid forms of identification include:
- Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado ID card
- US Military or Dependent ID card
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- Native American Tribal document
Colorado PEAK provides a questionnaire that will give people answers about whether or not they may qualify for benefits for programs that provide food assistance, cash assistance, WIC supplemental nutrition benefits, and other types of assistance. Access Colorado PEAK at https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/
Persons living in Clear Creek County may qualify if they meet the following guidelines:
- Pay home heating costs, either directly to a utility company or to a landlord as part of rent.
- Are a permanent legal resident of the US and a Colorado resident or have household members that are US citizens.
- Earn a maximum family household income that does not exceed 165% of the federal poverty index.
Fees or Charges
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Physical Site Address 1
405 Argentine St
Physical Site City, State, Zip
Georgetown, CO 80444
Mailing Address 1
PO Box 39200
Mailing City, State, Zip
Colorado Springs, CO 80949
(303) 679-2365 (Clear Creek Health and Human Services)