Rental Assistance for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities - Arapahoe County Department of Human Services
Arapahoe County Department of Human Services (DHS)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
The General Assistance Program may provide a rent voucher for individuals with disabilities receiving social security or seniors age 65 or older, as funds are available. Funding is usually exhausted by the 10th or 15th of each month. Assistance available only once in a twelve-month period. Most subsidized housing facilities will accept rent vouchers. Verify with landlord or management company ahead of time.
RTD #3L, 133, 153, 157
Call or walk in to the office for an interview. An application will be required.
- Eviction notice or 3-day notice
- Proof of ability to pay following month's rent
- A copy of the lease
Satellite office located at:
1690 W Littleton Blvd, 1st Fl
Littleton, CO 80120
Fax: (303) 734-4301 (Littleton)
Residents of Arapahoe County that meet the following:
- Are a U.S. citizen or permanent legal U.S. resident who is disabled (i.e., a SSI or SSDI recipient), OR over the age of 65.
- Meet income requirements
- Have not received General Assistance within the past 12 months.
- Not currently receiving subsidized housing assistance.
- Must be able to meet the following month's rent.