CFI Low Vision Program offers support groups and training to individuals with low vision and blindness.
Low Vision Services:
- Volunteer Readers
- Daily Living & Independent Skills training
- Sighted Guide
- Vocational Skills training - computers, keyboarding, resume writing, and job preparation
- Peer Counseling, Support Groups, Recreation
- Advocacy for the Vision Impaired and Blind
- Information on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- In-Service Training & Presentations (provided to other service providers)
- Exemption Directory Assistance charger
- TAP: Telephone Assistance Program
Services at the Assistive Technology Center / Low Vision Lab (open to the public):
- Low Vision demonstration of magnifiers, writing aids, sun shields, kitchen aids, etc.
- Adaptive equipment demonstrations for talking books, descriptive movies, Bible on cassette, large print books, talking watches, clocks and calculators
Delta, Eagle,Garfield, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Lake, Mesa, Montrose, Ouray, Pitkin, and San Miguel Counties
Call to schedule an appointment.
Must provide: Proof of identity
Individuals wiht low vision or blindness.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Fees for equipment purchases, call for details
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Fridays, 8:00 am to 12:00 p.m.
By appointment only, Call for Support Group meeting times and locations