Domestic Violence Services and Safehouse - Advocate Safehouse Project
Advocate Safehouse Project
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Advocate Safehouse Project provides the following comprehensive and confidential services:
- 24-Hour Help Line - Offers crisis intervention, client education, emotional support, advocacy, information and referrals by telephone or person, 365 days a year.
- Safehouse Program – Provides emergency shelter for survivors in danger with crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals.
- Outreach Program – Provides crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals for survivors residing in the community.
- Latina Outreach Program - Provides crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals to Latina survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Community Awareness and Education Program – Provides opportunities to inform and educate members of the community on the development of healthy relationships to prevent domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Volunteer Advocate Program - Provides ASP and the community with support for the 24-Hour Help Line with volunteer advocates. Volunteer advocates receive 30+ hours of training.
Urgent Services Provided
Emergency housing for victim in immediate danger
Garfield and Pitkin County
Undisclosed physical address
Call the Help Line for assistance
Survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual violence
Hours of Operation
Administration Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Unable to plot address.
Physical Site Address 1
Mailing Address 1
PO Box 2036
Mailing City, State, Zip
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
24 Hour Crisis Line: (970) 945-4439 or (970) 285-0209
National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-SAFE (7233)