Domestic Violence Services and Safehouse - Advocate Safehouse Project
Advocate Safehouse Project
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Advocate Safehouse Project provides the following comprehensive and confidential services:
- 24-Hour Help Line - Offers crisis intervention, client education, emotional support, advocacy, information and referrals by telephone or person, 365 days a year.
- Safehouse Program – Provides emergency shelter for survivors in danger with crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals.
- Outreach Program – Provides crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals for survivors residing in the community.
- Latina Outreach Program - Provides crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals to Latina survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Community Awareness and Education Program – Provides opportunities to inform and educate members of the community on the development of healthy relationships to prevent domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Volunteer Advocate Program - Provides ASP and the community with support for the 24-Hour Help Line with volunteer advocates. Volunteer advocates receive 30+ hours of training.
Urgent Services Provided
Emergency housing for victim in immediate danger
Garfield and Pitkin County
Call the Help Line for assistance
Survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual violence
Hours of Operation
Administration Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Unable to plot address.
Physical Site Address 1
Mailing Address 1
PO Box 2036
Mailing City, State, Zip
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
24 Hour Crisis Line: 970-945-4439 or 970-285-0209
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)