Designed to help qualifying low-income households cover part of their winter home heating costs from November 1st - April 30th. Once benefits are approved, LEAP can provide a financial credit directly to the heat supplier, or it can place the credit on a QUEST card to pay for a heating source such as wood, coal, propane, or for heat billed on a shared meter. Jefferson County's LEAP program is administered by Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado.
Download application online, walk in or call to request an application. Mail, fax, or email a completed application and identification paperwork to Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado, which administers the LEAP program. Call Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado's LEAP (HEAT-HELP) line for more information.
Offices are located at:
- Castro Building, 1200 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204
- East Office, 3815 Steele St, Denver, CO 80205
- Montbello Satellite Office, 4685 Peoria St, Denver, CO 80239
Households that qualify will receive an amount based on the cost of the heat bill, the number of people living in the home, and the household income.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a US citizen or legal resident, or part of a household with a legal resident
- Pay heating costs to an energy company or as part of rent
- Meet certain income limits