Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) - Garfield County
108 8th Street
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
LEAP is a MAIL IN ONLY program. LEAP is designed to assist low-income households with paying their winter home heating costs but is not intended to pay the entire cost of home heating or utility usage. Continue paying your heating source costs to your heat service provider.
You may qualify for LEAP if:
- You pay home heating costs to an energy provider, fuel dealer, or as part of your rent
- You are a permanent legal resident of the United States and Colorado or you have household members that are US Citizens
- You provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
- Your maximum family GROSS household income falls within the income guidelines. “Household” means people who live with you and for whom you are financially responsible.
If you receive Social Security income please submit your application before January 1, 2017 because your LEAP eligibility may be affected by the Annual Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA)
To check on the status of your LEAP application, please call HEAT HELP at 1-866-432-8435.
If you are eligible for LEAP, you may qualify for emergency help such as repair or replacement of your primary heating system. If you have this type of emergency please call 1-855-4MYHEAT (1-855-469-4328). You must have a current open application for the 2016-2017 LEAP Heat season.
REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE YOU TURN IT IN.
Not applicable, mail in only program
MAIL IN ONLY PROGRAM
Verification of Lawful Presence
State Law requires:
- a valid Colorado picture ID
- Sign the affidavit on page 3 of the LEAP application
Other required documentation:
- a readable copy of valid Colorado Photo ID
- social security numbers and birth dates for ALL household members
- complete and sign the affidavit on page 3 of the LEAP application
- current copies of pay stubs, award letters (SS clients), loans etc. for ALL income received by my household last month (previous month of the application, must be a full month of pay stubs)
- current copy of your current heating (not lighting) bill showing company name, address and account number
- copy of current rent receipt (if heat is included in rent) The receipt must clearly show heat is included
- receipts for all expenses claimed on my profit and loss statement for self-employment income
Income Guidelines by household size:
1 - $1658
2 - $2233
3 - $2808
4 - $3383
5 - $3958
6 - $4532
7 - $5107
8 - $5682
Each additional person add $575