Monthly Car Seat Fitting Stations are now available to ensure proper use of child restraints. Listed below are general guidelines to consider when using a car seat.
- Children should be properly restrained on EVERY trip, no matter how short
- Children should be in the back seat, whenever possible
- Never use a car seat when you don’t have personal knowledge of it’s history
- Replace car seats after traffic collisions, even if the seat doesn’t look damaged
- Have car seats and booster seats inspected by a certified CPS technician to ensure proper installation and fit to your child
- Be sure to send in registration on car seats and booster seats to that you will be notified if a re-call or defect is found
- Check your seat for recalls
- Make all drivers aware of the car seat’s operation and proper use
- Place emergency id stickers on the back or bottom of all car seats and booster seats
Delta, Mesa, Montrose, Ouray counties
Call for current schedule and qualifications
No documents required.
You must have the car, car seat and child with you at the time of the appointment
Open to all.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm