Provides a one-time emergency grant to those who are working. Funding is dependent upon crowdsourcing and therefore not guaranteed. These include the following scenarios:
- Help with an unexpected bill (car repair, medical expense, etc.)
- Help with a regular monthly bill that a person is now having trouble with due to an unexpected expense that had to be paid (someone paid for car repair and now cannot pay rent)
- Help with a regular monthly bill that cannot be paid due to temporary loss of income (hours cut at work, sick leave, new job but have not been paid yet).
This grant can cover needs such as rent, mortgage, utility bills, medical bills, phone bill, automobile bills, etc.
Out of State
Must apply for grants and financial assistance on website. Visit website for further information and online application instructions.
If experiencing an error message when applying online, application slots are temporarily full. Try again and as staff processes applications through the day slots will reopen.
- Photo ID
- Proof of Income
- Proof of US residency
- Other documents may be requested on a case by case basis
Must meet the following:
- 18 years of age or older
- At least one member of household with full time employment
- Largest source of income must come from employment
- Household's total income must equal at least the cost of monthly rental or mortgage plus $250, but not more than the cost of monthly rental or mortgage plus $2500
- The expense needing financial assistance can be paid on your behalf, directly to a vendor
- The expense needing financial assistance can be paid in full for no more than the maximum grant for which your household qualifies from Modest Needs