Provides a one-time emergency grant to those who are working. Funding is dependent upon crowdsourcing and therefore not guaranteed. These include the following scenarios:
- Help with an unexpected bill (car repair, medical expense, etc.)
- Help with a regular monthly bill that a person is now having trouble with due to an unexpected expense that had to be paid (someone paid for car repair and now cannot pay rent)
- Help with a regular monthly bill that cannot be paid due to temporary loss of income (hours cut at work, sick leave, new job but have not been paid yet).
This grant can cover needs such as rent, mortgage, utility bills, medical bills, phone bill, automobile bills, etc.
Out of State
Limited, call for more information
Must apply for grants and financial assistance on website. Visit website for further information and online application instructions.
If experiencing an error message when applying online, application slots are temporarily full. Try again and as staff processes applications through the day slots will reopen.
- Photo ID
- Proof of Income
- Proof of US residency
- Other documents may be requested on a case by case basis
Must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years of age
- Legal resident of the United States or Canada
- Intend to apply for assistance either for yourself, or for a person living in your home
- Household has at least one active bank account OR has filed a Federal Tax Return within in the past two years
- Access to a computer and the Internet and can check your email the Modest Needs website daily for the entire time that your application is active
- Able to access a scanner or a fax machine for long enough to scan and upload or fax the documentation to support your application that Modest Needs will request from you during the grant application process
- If you rent (rather than own) your home, your household has a legal lease that your landlord and a member of your household both have signed. This lease must show the monthly cost of your rental, whether or not you pay all of this amount yourself
- Household passes our income and employment tests, both of which are explained in the application process