Children's Medical Assistance - First Hand Foundation
No physical address
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
First Hand Foundation offers financial assistance grants to children under age 18 for expenses not covered by insurance such as:
- Treatment: Clinic procedures, medicine, therapy, prosthesis, etc.
- Equipment: Wheelchairs, assistive technology equipment, care devices, hearing aids, etc
- Displacement: Lodging (only if charitable housing is unavailable), gas ($0.33 cents a mile), parking and transportation related to a child's care
- Vehicle modifications: Lifts, ramps, transfer boards
The foundation offers services worldwide.
Out of State
Complete online application,
- Number of dependent children qualifying income cannot exceed
-Letter from doctor (on letterhead) that includes the child’s diagnosis, history of illness, specific request for funding
and other relevant information
-First page of your most recent federal income tax return or W-2
(If you have not filed taxes, please submit three months of bank statements and/or a letter from your employer)
-Letter from parent detailing any other awards granted/fundraising completed
- Additional requirement are listed on application for specific grant requests.
One request per year, per child for a maximum of three times in a child’s lifetime.
-The child must be 18 years of age or younger
-The child must be under the care of a pediatrician
-The case must involve a child with a specific health care need
-The request must be clinically relevant to the health of the child
-There must be no existing insurance coverage for the requested expenses