Helps qualifying low-income households cover part of their winter home heating costs from November 1st - April 30th. Once benefits are approved, LEAP can provide a financial credit directly to the heat supplier, or LEAP can place the credit on a QUEST card to pay for a heating source such as wood, coal, propane, or for heat billed on a shared meter. Jefferson County's LEAP program is administered by Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado.
For clients who received LEAP last year and have not moved, an application packet will be mailed to their address by November 1st. Otherwise, visit the website to download an application. Mail, fax, or email a completed application and identification paperwork to Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado, which administers the LEAP program. Call Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado's LEAP (HEAT-HELP) line for more information.
Clients must provide copies of the following:
- Most recent utility bill OR rent receipt if heat is included in your rent
- Proof of all household income (pay stubs, award letters, loans, etc.)
- Valid Photo ID
Valid forms of identification include:
- Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado ID card
- US Military or Dependent ID card
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- Native American Tribal document
Call the LEAP hotline at 1-866-432-8435 or visit the website at www.EnergyOutreach.org to locate a partner agency who may be able to provide assistance. Call first, as most agencies require an appointment to request an application. Applications may take up to 50 business days to process.
Residents of Routt County must meet the following guidelines:
- The household must contain at least one member who is a US
Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Pay their own heating costs, or have heating costs included
in their rent.
- Meet gross monthly household income guidelines.