Offers a rebate to qualified residents for sales tax paid on food during the previous year. The rebate program runs from August 1 through October 31 each year and is designed to assist low income individuals, families, disabled individuals and seniors who live in Fort Collins.
Qualification for the rebate is based on annual household income according to HUD. Qualified applicants may receive approximately $63 per person in their household.
Other rebates are offered for utilities and property or rent paid the previous year for individuals 65 and up or disabled (or someone in the household) and meet income limits.
A Fort Collins resident may qualify only for the food tax rebate, or for all three rebates if they meet criteria. A resident living in the growth management area may only qualify for the food tax rebate.
City of Fort Collins
Call, walk in, or download the application from the website. Applications can be mailed if needed.
Individuals need to provide:
- Proof of income for previous year
- Picture ID
- Proof of rent paid in previous year (only if applying for property tax rebate)
- Proof of disability, when applicable
Applications for the previous rebate year will be available on August 1st of the current year.
Individuals may check to see if their address falls within the eligible Growth Management Area for the grocery rebate by visiting this site: https://www.fcgov.com/salestax/address-lookup.php
English, Language Line Available
Low-income individuals, families, and seniors who live in Fort Collins and Growth Management Area. Household income requirements change yearly. Below are the annual household income limits according to household size for 2018:
- 1 person - no more than $26,900 annually
- Family of 2 - no more than $30,750 annually
- Family of 3 - no more than $34,600 annually
- Family of 4 - no more than $38,400 annually
- Family of 5 - no more than $41,500 annually
- Family of 6 - no more than $44,500 annually
- Family of 7 - no more than $47,650 annually
- Family of 8 - no more than $50,700 annually