Senior Law Project (Fort Collins) - Colorado Legal Services
Fort Collins - Colorado Legal Services
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides donation based legal services for Larimer County seniors on certain legal issues including:
- Public benefits (TANF, SSI, OAP, AND)
- Medicaid and Medicare
- Consumer issues
- Housing and property (e.g., evictions, foreclosures)
- Social Security and SSI
- Standard medical and financial powers of attorney, living wills, and declarations of disposition of last remains
- Divorce and/or grandparent rights advice
Call or visit the website for more information.
Does not provide assistance with the following:
- Trusts (except Medicaid income trusts)
- Establishing guardianship
- Drafting wills
- Law suits or any fee generating type of case
- Financial counseling, advanced estate planning, financial investment planning
- Asset protection/gifting to a third party for Medicaid qualification
- Probate for a deceased estate
Colorado Legal Services does not assist with any deportation matters.
English, Spanish, Interpretation Available
Must be resident of Larimer County and aged 60 or older. In addition:
- Unable to assist undocumented immigrants, unless they are a victim of human trafficking, domestic violence, or other crimes.
- Able to help individuals with documentation of legal status regardless of situation.