AARP Aurora Central Library - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 2)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 2)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
This is a bi-lingual Spanish/English speaking walk-in site for onsite tax preparation. This site is open on Wednesdays from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. February 7th, 2018 - April 11th, 2018. Offers free tax preparation for low to moderate income families and individuals.
Facilitated self assistance (FSA) will be provided separately for individuals completing their taxes themselves. Facilitators are on-site to answer questions. FSA is available on Wednesdays, 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. from February 7th, 2018 - February 28th, 2018.
- Federal and state e-filing
- Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate
- Schedules A itemize deductions), B (dividend and interest
income), simple C (self-employment income), & D (moderate
capital gains and losses)
- EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) & Child Tax Credits
- Forms 1099R, RRB1099, SSA 1099
- Credits: Child & Dependent Care and Education
- Prior year tax returns preparation (up to 3 years)
- C-Profit & Loss from businesses with employees (Can do
Schedule C in some circumstances)
- E–Rentals & Royalties (Can do some Schedule E in some
- 8605 – Non-deductible IRA Form 8606 Part I (non-deductible
contributions and distributions) & Part II (conversions to
Limited, call for specific information.
Walk-in for assistance.
- Current photo ID
- Social Security Card or photo copy of social security card for all family members, Social Security tax document, or letter from Social Security
- All tax relevant documents
For FSA must bring:
- Social Security Cards (or ITINs) or copies of cards for all family members
- Photo I.D.
- All W-2s, 1099s and other income-related documents
- Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, charitable contributions and all other tax-deductible expenses
- For college expenses: Form 1098T from the college, records of expenses paid for tuition, books, fees and supplies
- A copy of last year's return, if available
- Bank account number and routing number to direct deposit refund
Individuals do not need to be a senior to obtain tax assistance (for AARP services). Tax sites will take people until they are at capacity which might occur before the site is scheduled to close. Try to arrive early to secure a spot. Tax preparers may print their taxes for free only at this location.
Unable to prepare these Schedules and Forms:
- F-Farm Income
- 8605 – Non-deductible IRA Form 8606 Part III (distributions
from ROTH IRA)
- 8615 – Minor’s Investment Income
- State tax returns for other states
Low-income individuals and families (for families with children, must earn less than $54,000/annually).
Fees or Charges
Hours of Operation
Wednesdays, February 7th, 2018 - April 11th, 2018, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesdays, February 7th, 2018 - February 28th, 2018, 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. (FSA only)