Provides legal assistance, including advice, brief services, and full representation in court and before administrative agencies, and informational materials to eligible clients regarding civil matters including:
- Public benefits (TANF, SSI, OAP, AND)
- Family law involving domestic violence, including protection orders, dissolution of marriage, allocation of parental responsibilities (custody)
- Health care (Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance)
- Consumer issues, including foreclosure
- Federally subsidized housing issues
No misdemeanor, traffic violation, criminal, or fee-generated cases accepted.
La Plata County
Archuleta, Dolores, Hinsdale, La Plata, Montezuma, Ouray, San Juan and San Miguel counties, Ute Mountain Ute and Southern Ute reservations
Call to schedule an appointment.
Information about household income and assets and about citizen/non-citizen status.
Colorado Legal Services does not assist with any deportation matters.
Must meet financial requirements and citizen/eligible non-citizen eligibility requirements. Also assists seniors age 60 and over, regardless of income, in certain civil legal matters.