Provides legal assistance including legal advice, brief services (including help with drafting documents), full and limited representation in Court to eligible clients in civil matters such as:
- Domestic Relations cases (including allocation of parental rights, Dissolution of Marriage, Protection Orders, Guardianships, etc)
- Protection Orders for victims of domestic violence
- Housing matters (including eviction defenses and housing conditions issues)
- U Visas for those who are victims of crime
- Guardianships, conservatorships and other matters involving seniors.
The Grand Junction CLS office does not handle criminal defenses, employment matters, personal injury, Social Security Appeals and Child Support matters.
Delta, Garfield, Mesa and Montrose counties
Call to schedule an appointment.
- Completed agency application
- Household income and assets
- Proof of citizen/non-citizen status
Colorado Legal Services does not assist with any deportation matters.
Colorado Legal Services will determine which cases they can assist with based on the client's application.
Must meet financial requirements and citizen/eligible non-citizen eligibility requirements. Also assists seniors age 60 and over, regardless of income, in certain civil legal matters.