The Western Slope Center for Children (WSCC) offers services for victims of child abuse and their families.
Referrals are required from Law Enforcement or Social Services for interviewing of a child suspected of abuse.
Abuse may be physical, sexual, psychological, and emotional or neglect. If abuse is suspected call local law enforcement or call the child abuse hotline at 970-242-1211 or 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437)
Educational and supportive services are available to the community, and victims or families of victims.
Those services can include:
- Active Parenting of Teens
- Teens in Action
- Online Safety Information for Parents and Kids at www.netsmartz.org/Parents
- Online Resource link on the WSCC website
- Mandatory Reporting available through a class or online at www.coloradocwts.com/mandated-reporter-training at no cost.
- Online Training through National Children’s Advocacy Center (NCAC) at www.nationalcac.org
Victim interviews by referral only.
Call for the training and education schedule.Pre-registration may be required.
Suspected victims of abuse age 18 or younger.
Hours of Operation
Administrative Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm