Designed to help qualifying low-income households cover part of their winter home heating costs from November 1st - April 30th. Once benefits are approved, LEAP can provide a financial credit directly to the heat supplier, or it can place the credit on a QUEST card to pay for a heating source such as wood, coal, propane or for heat billed on a shared meter.
Call to schedule an appointment for assistance in filling out an application or download an application online. You can also mail or fax a completed application and identification paperwork to Benefits in Action
Individuals interested in applying for assistance must provide the following documentation:
- A valid ID (driver's license, social security card, passport, etc.)
- Proof of legal residency (birth certificate, naturalization card, etc.)
- Proof of income, if applicable (pay stubs, W-2's, SSI or disability payments, etc.)
- Proof of assets, if applicable (bank statements, etc.)
- Proof of household expenses, if applicable (rent/mortgage bills, phone bill, child support payments
Households that qualify will receive an amount based on the cost of the energy bill.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a US citizen or legal resident, or part of a household with a legal resident
- Pay heating costs to an energy company or as part of rent
- Meet certain income limits