Aid to the Needy Disabled - Montrose County Department of Human Services
1845 S TOWNSEND AVE
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Aid To The Needy Disabled (AND) program provides a small cash assistance benefit to low-income Colorado residents age 18 – 59 who have at least a six-month total disability that precludes them from working.
All STATE AND applicants must also apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Clients applying for AND will have Medicaid and will need to see their Primary Care Physicians to complete AND exam requirements. If clients do not have a doctor they can go to www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcpf/find-doctor . Marillac Clinic is an option of the client is established with them.
When the primary diagnosis is alcoholism or drug abuse, the AND recipient:
- Is limited to 12 cumulative months in a lifetime;
- Must agree to and participate in treatment;
- Must submit to random testing; and
- Will lose AND benefits if he/she tests positive for alcohol or drugs two times in any three-month period.
Call, walk in or go online to apply at https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/
- Completed Agency Application
- Valid Photo ID
- Proof of Residency (address)
- Proof of Household Income
- Social Security Cards (originals)
- Birth Certificates (originals)
- Proof of Household Expenses (rent, utilities, child care expenses, etc.)
- Proof of Lawful Presence (legal status)
- Proof of Open Application with Social Security Disability
- Other Documentation as Requested
Low-income Colorado residents, age 18 - 59 who have at least a six-month total disability that precludes them from working and monthly income of less than $189.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (administration hours)