Aid to the Blind - Garfield County Department of Human Services
195 W 14TH ST
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Aid To The Blind (AB) program provides a small cash assistance benefit to low-income Colorado residents age 18 – 59 who have at least a six-month total disability that precludes them from working.
All STATE AND applicants must also apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Clients applying for AB will have Medicaid and will need to see their Primary Care Physicians to complete AB exam requirements. If clients do not have a doctor they can go to www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcpf/find-doctor.
Call, walk in or apply online at https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/
- Completed Agency Application
- Valid Photo ID
- Proof of Residency (address)
- Proof of Household Income
- Social Security Cards (originals)
- Birth Certificates (originals)
- Proof of Household Expenses (rent, utilities, child care expenses, etc.)
- Proof of Lawful Presence (legal status)
- Other Documentation as Requested
Low-income Colorado residents, age 18 - 59 who have at least a six-month total disability that precludes them from working and monthly income of less than $189.