Aid to the Needy Disabled - Ouray County Department of Social Services
177 Sherman Street
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Aid To The Needy Disabled (AND) program provides a small cash assistance benefit to low-income Colorado residents age 18 – 59 who have at least a six-month total disability that precludes them from working.
All STATE AND applicants must also apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Clients applying for AND will have Medicaid and will need to see their Primary Care Physicians to complete AND exam requirements. If clients do not have a doctor they can go to www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcpf/find-doctor.
When the primary diagnosis is alcoholism or drug abuse, the AND recipient:
- Is limited to 12 cumulative months in a lifetime;
- Must agree to and participate in treatment;
- Must submit to random testing; and
- Will lose AND benefits if he/she tests positive for alcohol or drugs two times in any three-month period.
Call or walk in during business hours
- Valid Photo ID
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Lawful Residency
- Other documentation as requested
Be age 18 to 59, have been or expected to be totally disabled for 6 months or more and have an ACTIVE disability benefits application with the Social Security office.
Hours of Operation
Administration Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, closed on major holidays