Long Distance Bus Fare - Mental Health Center of Denver (MHCD)
E Colfax Ave - Mental Health Center of Denver (MHCD)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Families Reunited offers a bus ticket to reunite families with families/friends in another city. This is a one-time ticket. If individuals decide not to travel or return to Denver, they are no longer eligible for the program. Ticket arrangement is 48 hours.
Individuals can refer themselves and should walk in to complete an application. Priority given to individuals referred by law enforcement or first responder.
Individuals must be willing to take a drug test.
A referral is not a guarantee of a ticket. Applications will be reviewed to make a decision. If contact is easily made with the receiving family member/friend, a ticket can usually be arranged for travel within 48 hours.
English, Spanish, American Sign Language, Interpretation Available
Individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Must not have substantial income. Unusual circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Must have a family member/friend willing to provide a place to live in the receiving city
- If receiving Mental Health services in Denver, must set-up with services in the city traveling to prior to purchase of a ticket
- If on medications, must have enough medication for travel
Fees or Charges
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(303) 504-7900 (Intake Line)
Physical Site Address 1
4353 E Colfax Ave
Physical Site City, State, Zip
Denver, CO 80249
(303) 504-6500 (Administration)
Emergency/After Hours Phone
1-844-493-8255 (Colorado Crisis Services; Available 24 hours/7 days a week)