Financial Assistance for Families - Arapahoe County Department of Human Services
Arapahoe County Department of Human Services (DHS)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
When funds are available, limited assistance may be provided for families with minor children or pregnant women on a leave of absence from employment through the County Diversion Program. Available one time only and if awarded, families will not be eligible for cash benefits (e.g., TANF) for up to a year. Assistance may be used towards eligible expenses only, such as but not limited to rent or a car purchase.
RTD #3L, 133, 153, 157
Walk in to the office for an interview. An application will be required. Applications can be filed through PEAK or picked up in person.
Must provide the following:
- Eviction notice or 3-day notice
- Proof of ability to pay following month's rent
- Proof of income and expenses
Satellite office located at:
1690 W Littleton Blvd, 1st Fl
Littleton, CO 80120
Fax: (303) 734-4301 (Littleton)
Colorado PEAK accounts may be opened and accessed at https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/.
Must reside in Arapahoe County and meet the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizens or permanent legal U.S. resident
- Must have a minor child(ren) under the age of 18
- Must be employed full-time or pregnant and on a leave of absence from employment with plan to return
- Not currently receiving benefits from a cash assistance program (e.g., TANF)