Free Tax Preparation Site, Companeros: Four Corners Immigrant Resource Center - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 4)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides free tax preparation and assistance for low income individuals and families by IRS-certified students. This site is open 02/01/2018 through 04/17/2018. E-file available.
- Federal and state e-filing is available
- Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate
- Schedule A (no Schedule B) for itemized deductions
- EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) & Child Tax Credits
- Forms 1099R, RRB1099, SSA 1099
- Credits: Child & Dependent Care, Energy, and Education
- Prior year tax returns
La Plata County
Limited, call for specific information
Call to schedule an appointment.
Clients should bring the following:
- Social Security Cards (or ITINs) or copies of cards for all family members
- Photo I.D.
- All W-2s, 1099s and other income-related documents
- Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, charitable contributions and all other tax-deductible expenses
- For college expenses: Form 1098T from the college, records of expenses paid for tuition, books, fees and supplies
- A copy of last year's return, if available
- Bank account number and routing number to direct deposit refund
Tax sites will take people until they are at capacity which might occur before the site is scheduled to close. Try to arrive early to secure a spot.
Low income individuals and families (for families with children, must earn less than $54,000/annually).