Offers rent assistance to TANF-eligible families, who will also be provided with related counseling. Workshops held in both English and Spanish:
- Monday, August 19th, 2019, 8:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Pete Mirelez Human Services Center, Conference Rm Apple A, 11860 Pecos St, Westminster, CO 80234
- Monday, September 9th, 2019, 8:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Pete Mirelez Human Services Center, Conference Rm Apple A, 11860 Pecos St, Westminster, CO 80234
- Monday, September 23rd, 2019, 8:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Pete Mirelez Human Services Center, Conference Rm Apple A, 11860 Pecos St, Westminster, CO 80234
City of Thornton
Limited, call for specific information
Walk in to attend a workshop.
Clients should provide copies of the following if possible:
- Photo ID
- Proof of all household income
- Demand for rent (if applicable)
- Proof of hardship
- Full rental agreement
- Social security cards/numbers for all adults in the household
It is not possible to make copies at the workshop.
Please do not bring children to the workshop.
Applicants must be:
- TANF eligible families. Applicants will need to meet the income guidelines, meet the eligible immigration requirements and meet the household requirements of having a dependent child. TANF defines a dependent child as a person under the age of 18, or age 18 if a full-time student in secondary school
- At risk of becoming homeless due to rent delinquency through no fault of their own and must have exhausted all other available resources.
- A resident of the City of Thornton and have lived in their unit for a minimum of 6 months.
- Responsible for the rent of the housing unit where the assistance is to be paid.
- Able to demonstrate current source of income and have a reasonable plan and budget in place to show an ability to meet future obligations.