Advocacy Services for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities - Association for Community Living of Boulder
Association for Community Living of Boulder
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides culturally competent advocacy to people with intellectual disabilities (IDD) across their lifespan, across all systems, as individuals and as whole families in the following ways, by:
- Amplifying the voices of people with IDD and their families.
- Not speaking for people
- Teaching people to advocate for themselves
- Speaking on behalf of people who are too vulnerable to speak for themselves.
- Bridging between systems and people with IDD
- Providing integrated and independent advocacy across systems and across the lifespan
- Educating the community through training, modelling, conversation and collaboration