Provides training to allow an individual the opportunity to become a paid caregiver to their family member with a developmental disability.
El Paso County
R5, El Paso, Park, and Teller County
Call to become a client, verify eligibility, or for more information.
Call for more information.
There are requirements for becoming a caregiver through this program. Requirements include:
• Provide a home for the individual receiving services
• Maintain the home by meeting Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Quality Standards
• Be responsible for routine and ongoing household upkeep and maintenance
• Possess a computer with internet access for documentation.
• Allow Cheyenne Village staff, TRE staff, IDT members and DDD staff to access the home during reasonable times, on an announced or unannounced basis, for the purpose of providing services and monitoring services, the living environment and the individual’s records.