If a legal issue falling within the priorities and criteria for representation, Disability Law Colorado may provide short term assistance by answering legal questions and providing legal advice in person or over the phone.
Also provides advocacy for individual's rights. Advocacy issues include but are not limited to:
- Neglect of rights
- Abuse or neglect in nursing homes, institutional settings or personal care boarding homes
- Medication Issues
- Self-advocacy resources such as books, workbooks and fact sheets on disability related issues.
- Assistive Technology
- Housing discrimination
- Ombudsman services for Medicaid/Medicare dual eligibility individuals
Specific Advocacy Programs include:
- Client Assistance Program (CAP) and Protection and Advocacy of Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS) for help resolving disagreements and disputes about how Division of Vocational Rehabilitation services are provided.
- Protection and Advocacy of Individual Rights (PAIR) program for those facing discrimination or mistreatment issues living with HIV and AIDS
- Protection of the rights of persons with mental illness in any twenty-four hour facility or released in the last 90 days. Issues regarding abuse, neglect of rights or medication issues
Call or visit the website to submit a request for assistance.
- Individuals with disputes involving Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Individuals living with HIV/AIDS
- Assistive Technology advocacy for those living with a disability or seniors age 60 and over.
- All other advocacy services are provided to those living with a disability or mental illness.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Call for Information
Hours of Operation
Administrative Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm