Independent Living Services - Southwest Center for Independence
432 N BROADWAY
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Independent Living Specialist assist those living with a disability with referrals and advocacy for independent living.
- Individual & systems advocacy
- Assessments for assistive technology & home modifications
- Visual Impairment assistive technology
- Independent living skills training
- Classes & workshops
- Nursing home diversion
- Transition from restrictive environments to those that are less restrictive (from high school, parent's home, nursing homes, jail)
Support groups, peer support and advocacy is also available for independent living skills support.
Groups and services include but are not limited to:
- Brain injury support group
- Multiple Sclerosis support group
- Visual Impairment support group
- Physical Disability support group
- Socialization/Peer support group
- Recreational activities
- Civic involvement within the community
Group meetings days and times vary. Support group types are subject to change. Call or check the agency's online calendar for more information.
Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma, San Juan counties