Housing and Benefit Services - Southwest Center for Independence
925 S. Broadway, Cortez - Southwest Center for Independence
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Can assist individuals with disabilities and elderly look for housing options available in their area.
- Assist with housing leads
- Assist completing paperwork or applications if needed due to disability
- Advocate to resolve landlord/tenant issues
- Assist in understanding your rights/responsibilities as a tenant
Assistance with applying for any Federal or State Benefit program
- Social Security (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Medicare, Medicaid, Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF/Colorado Works)
- Food Stamps (SNAP), Section 8 Housing Vouchers, Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)
Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma and San Juan Counties.
Call or walk-in during normal hours of operation to speak to a specialist and assess needs
Government Issued ID
Those living with a disability.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Hours of Operation
Administrative Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm